Grab quietly started...

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
poophnom
Tourist
Cambodia

Grab quietly started...

Post by poophnom »

Grab quietly launched in the Kingdom offering 20 free rides, like what uber has been doing.

More competitors mean more choices and better offerings, it is good for users but it’s going to be another big blow to iTsumo and many local apps, how can we survive in this small market?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Grab quietly started...

Post by Username Taken »

"how can we survive in this small market?"

Do it better than your competitors. You are a local, you know how to deal with local drivers. Make sure they are honest and reliable. :thumb:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

get onboard with someone who already owns a fleet, or find a business model like uber that also finances vehicles to owner operators so you have a vertically integrated market.
I would be using the bajaj RE.
gps, and app technology makes fleet development a red hot opportunity here.
brand the whole operation.
make some profit on financing the vehicles to owners and cream a small percentage on the rides as well.
charge the operators a slight booking fee.
enforce maintenance and qc the operators.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

By having a superior product.
As many users of Passapp are barangs why not run classes in English for drivers?
I have yet to hire one that I didn't need to direct.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

stop trying to rip off foreigners & lying that you are sure you know the destination
its a short term solution basically
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

What is the promo code? Neither justgrab nor grab worked.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

violet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:22 pm What is the promo code? Neither justgrab nor grab worked.
It only works for those who are invited to the beta test. Register with your khmer phnone number and you might get inviteed with in weeks. If not, they should launch publicly soon anyways.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

rogerrabbit wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 pm
violet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:22 pm What is the promo code? Neither justgrab nor grab worked.
It only works for those who are invited to the beta test. Register with your khmer phnone number and you might get inviteed with in weeks. If not, they should launch publicly soon anyways.
I believe you have to be on cellcard as well
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LinDa777 »

violet wrote:What is the promo code? Neither justgrab nor grab worked.
Violet did you use block letters?
I used Grab in Malaysia and got a message in my app for the free rides here in pp, JUSTGRAB is how it’s written, might make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Hi. I did try all caps. Perhaps I have to provide payment details first?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic