Used my outside voice with a fake PassApp driver, and Scammer Steve

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Used my outside voice with a fake PassApp driver, and Scammer Steve

Post by Cam Nivag »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 pm Better just pay the extra fee of 3 USD rather than risk losing face, them tuk tuks make jack shit anyway they just want a few extra buck for beers or some rice and fish.

Got to remember stoppy chops your from OZ where you can make this guys daily wage in 30 minutes doing unskilled menial labour.
Extra fee of $4.50. Oh, but if a guy is ripping you off to buy beer, give him whatever he wants.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:04 pm
My apologies, I didn't realise you were there at the time and clearly know about the incident much more than I. I'm impressed at your level of knowledge, given your stated absence of knowledge - I yield to your superiority.
I don't have to be there to know that your claims that there are drivers in counterfeit PassApp tuk tuks driving around and being aided by real PassApp drivers on where to poach PassApp fares suggests a Ned Kelly-level of paranoia.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 pm
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 pm Better just pay the extra fee of 3 USD rather than risk losing face, them tuk tuks make jack shit anyway they just want a few extra buck for beers or some rice and fish.

Got to remember stoppy chops your from OZ where you can make this guys daily wage in 30 minutes doing unskilled menial labour.
Extra fee of $4.50. Oh, but if a guy is ripping you off to buy beer, give him whatever he wants.
Nah i never get over charged by tuk tuk because im usually gettin on the piss with them at there house or local hangout, helps to treat locals as human beings.....
They are humans too maybe treat em like that sometimes.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

"Them tuktuks" make more cash than I do, although I work harder, and longer hours, and share more of my earned cash with young Cambodians than I keep so that they'll have a living wage and not have to resort to other means of income generation. I have no earnings coming from Australia. That's not a whine, that's just a statement of fact - and it's my choice.

Expats who just pay the extra $3 ($5 in this case) are the reason these guys are overcharging, and your understanding of "face" in this context is not quite correct.
Beerinthemorning wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:37 pm Nah i never get over charged by tuk tuk because im usually gettin on the piss with them at there house or local hangout, helps to treat locals as human beings.....
They are humans too maybe treat em like that sometimes.
Where was the assumption that I or anyone else in the discussion don't treat Cambodians as human beings?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:04 pm
My apologies, I didn't realise you were there at the time and clearly know about the incident much more than I. I'm impressed at your level of knowledge, given your stated absence of knowledge - I yield to your superiority.
I don't have to be there to know that your claims that there are drivers in counterfeit PassApp tuk tuks driving around and being aided by real PassApp drivers on where to poach PassApp fares suggests a Ned Kelly-level of paranoia.
While I always enjoy a bit of back-and-forth with you I suggest in this instance you try a laxative, as you seem to be full of shit.

I spoke about one specific driver (who you don't know, presumably) driving a fake PassApp tuktuk (which you admit you know nothing about) who scammed two of my tenants, and when asked by me to show his PassApp ID admitted he doesn't have it as he isn't actually a PassApp driver. I speculated that this one specific driver might have a mate who flicked him the details of a fare for him to poach. If, to your mind, that sounds like Ned's paranoia, I can live with it.

Now, for your other problem I suggest products with cilium husks or similar.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm
I spoke about one specific driver (who you don't know, presumably) driving a fake PassApp tuktuk (which you admit you know nothing about) who scammed two of my tenants, and when asked by me to show his PassApp ID admitted he doesn't have it as he isn't actually a PassApp driver.
That's a very different story from what you said in the OP. In the OP you just said he was reluctant to show the ID, you said nothing about him admitting he's not a PassApp driver, and in fact, your conclusion that he wasn't a PassApp driver was based only on the real driver calling them.

I wasn't there, and I don't know what the guy said to you, but I do know you've changed your story here to support your fake PassApp conspiracy theory, which makes your version of the facts less credible.

Just say "A PassApp driver tried to rip them off by charging them off the book and well over the odds." That's easy.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:26 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm
I spoke about one specific driver (who you don't know, presumably) driving a fake PassApp tuktuk (which you admit you know nothing about) who scammed two of my tenants, and when asked by me to show his PassApp ID admitted he doesn't have it as he isn't actually a PassApp driver.
That's a very different story from what you said in the OP. In the OP you just said he was reluctant to show the ID, you said nothing about him admitting he's not a PassApp driver, and in fact, your conclusion that he wasn't a PassApp driver was based only on the real driver calling them.

I wasn't there, and I don't know what the guy said to you, but I do know you've changed your story here to support your fake PassApp conspiracy theory, which makes your version of the facts less credible.

Just say "A PassApp driver tried to rip them off by charging them off the book and well over the odds." That's easy.
I'm not sure how I'll sleep tonight knowing you now find me less credible. It's such a relief that there aren't other more pressing needs in my day, so I can give focus to your belief (or otherwise) in me.
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

never had issues with GRAB..... just saying.... and a air conditioned car for the same price as a tuk tuk who can complain ?
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Console..................... is there nothing current that you can comment on?
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Christ this forum really does have some bored people. The lengths of argument some people will go to is outstanding! I applaud all the effort lol.

GJ stroppy for helping the people out.

I've had a pass app driver take me to the wrong location then try and charge 7100 for a 4100 fare and had the cheek to ask for 8000.

Nearly suplexed him through the internet
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic