Building in Kep.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Building in Kep.

Post by whiteribbon »

khmerre wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm Congratulations super villa

1) Are you staying 12 months there to control how the build the house ? or do you think they are working well without you being there ?
2) Are you in line with the budget ?
3) How far is the house from the beach ?
1: they're all working well without me, I do live next door so I check it almost every day but I have a good building manager on site morning till evening and my architects come every week at least once as well to check.
2: no, over budget but that's cause we forgot to include some things in the initial contract, partly my fault.
3: 5 min by car
just noise, white noise
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

1) nice to hear it does the bulding manager speak English ?
2) How much are the building cost for the really nice house ? without furniture
4) I remember the architets are from PP, is the building company from PP ?
thanks
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

khmerre wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:34 pm 1) nice to hear it does the bulding manager speak English ?
thanks
1: there are 2 that take over from each other from time to time, one speaks fluently, the other one less so but we can usually understand each other
2: pff I can't be bothered to calculate that exactly right now, my bill of quantity is 24 pages long, cause I'm paying 'key on the door' or whatever the english expression for that is, but house alone without garden, furniture, swimming pool, gates, ... probably in the region of 130k. I do have a very large floor area because every one of my buildings has a specific purpose. Could be done for much less of course. If you want to know about specific costs for certain things, that I can easily look up.
3: yes and yes, but de-axis finds and hires everyone for me so they are the only company I directly deal with.

you're welcome
just noise, white noise
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

thanks

and be happy with your new house
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

And... the building work is done.
Now it's time for me start decorating and getting the soft furniture in. Besides the delays, I'm very happy with the quality of the work, it starts to look like I imagined it. Everyone is still welcome to ask questions here or by pm but for the time being I won't post any further pic updates from my crappy phone camera. Visits are also welcome but pm me first please.
If someone is interested in a big villa with swimming pool for monthly rent in Kep (not this one but my current house next to it) you can pm me also.

ImageImage
just noise, white noise
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

whiteribbon wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:02 pm
khmerre wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:34 pm 1) nice to hear it does the bulding manager speak English ?
thanks
1: there are 2 that take over from each other from time to time, one speaks fluently, the other one less so but we can usually understand each other
2: pff I can't be bothered to calculate that exactly right now, my bill of quantity is 24 pages long, cause I'm paying 'key on the door' or whatever the english expression for that is, but house alone without garden, furniture, swimming pool, gates, ... probably in the region of 130k. I do have a very large floor area because every one of my buildings has a specific purpose. Could be done for much less of course. If you want to know about specific costs for certain things, that I can easily look up.
3: yes and yes, but de-axis finds and hires everyone for me so they are the only company I directly deal with.

you're welcome
wow super nice
2. are the project costs included in the 130k ? who did the first sketch of the house ? you, another architect or de-axis ?
5. how many sqm is the land and the house inside ?
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Hey @khmerre
2: No. But better to contact de-axis, they are all very friendly and will be able to tell you exactly about the costs for your particular project.
5: 1000sqm, around 360sqm.
just noise, white noise
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Lovely
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm This is the house i want on our land :beer3:

or
These two are quite similar to a design that my other half has hinted at, for a piece of land that we have our eye on.
I have to say that I'd be very interested to see up close the OP's house (bearing in mind the issue of copying mentioned in another thread) as that is certainly my sort of thing.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Completely different design standards and price structures.
Freightdog wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm This is the house i want on our land :beer3:

or
These two are quite similar to a design that my other half has hinted at, for a piece of land that we have our eye on.
I have to say that I'd be very interested to see up close the OP's house (bearing in mind the issue of copying mentioned in another thread) as that is certainly my sort of thing.
Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic