Building in Kep.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Building in Kep.

Post by Barang chgout »

Kampot NOTICEBOARD. Not 2.1!
Today!
One would think he's invested, with his enthusiasm!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:37 pm Kampot NOTICEBOARD. Not 2.1!
Today!

Aha I wish I could access Kampot noticeboard, but they don't allow me, no idea why.
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Reposting for the one's that are lazy to read the previous posts:
Does somebody here know someone who can remove a tree in small pieces? Already looking for someone for months to remove that tree in front of the gate but no luck so far.
just noise, white noise
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GUS »

One of the contractors (he polished your concrete and did your terazzo) msg'd me and told me he was working In Kep- I asked as I thought it may be the same build. I drove down to meet him during his lunch break. When I arrived your architects recognised me from my cafe and gave me a tour. I posted about it on the 'architecture, design and construction Kampot (and kep)' group. The feng shui comment was a joke replying to Chinese interest.
Very cool build. Would love to see it finished.
Also...if you want to get on the Kampot noticeboard just give me a shout.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

GUS wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 pm One of the contractors (he polished your concrete and did your terazzo) msg'd me and told me he was working In Kep- I asked as I thought it may be the same build. I drove down to meet him during his lunch break. When I arrived your architects recognised me from my cafe and gave me a tour. I posted about it on the 'architecture, design and construction Kampot (and kep)' group. The feng shui comment was a joke replying to Chinese interest.
Very cool build. Would love to see it finished.
Also...if you want to get on the Kampot noticeboard just give me a shout.
Thanks Gus, I didn't know you visited yesterday, something my architects didn't mention.
just noise, white noise
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

whiteribbon wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:37 pm Kampot NOTICEBOARD. Not 2.1!
Today!

Aha I wish I could access Kampot noticeboard, but they don't allow me, no idea why.
Kampot noticeboard is very censored and the mods have their own agenda.
Can't say a bad word about ' their ' town!
Kampot noticeboard 2.1 , however, one can say what one wants without fear of discrimination.
I would suggest 2.1 rather than the other.

kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

whiteribbon wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:19 pm
Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:02 pm
GUS wrote:you don't happen to be having your concrete floors cut or terrazzo'd today do you?
Well, if one were to look at Angus Welans, very enthusiastic reports on your build.....one might make a connection!
He's so keen on your place, it may well be made of gold!
Reckons the feng shuay is all wrong though @

I wish I understood this reply, I googled Angus Welans but couldn't find anything about my building. I would love to see enthusiastic reports about my build! But while everyone can visit (and some ceo members did already), Angus wasn't one of them. He's welcome though.
Angus Whelan - he's on FB and one of the founders of the Kampot Noticeboard and the Architecture, Design and Construction Kampot (and Kep) groups and the owner of Cafe Espresso.

He is building himself and is interested in terrazzo so thats how he found your place it seems as the company doing ur place told him where they were working nearby as I understand it

He's a nice enough feller and his tastes seem similar to urs K

Hope to pop down for a progress check on Monday - will msg u

edited: the forum didnt advise that there were further posts when I wrote the abobve
Caliborn
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Caliborn »

@whiteribbon are you available tomorrow if me and my wife come see your site? We are leaving for PP in the afternoon but have the morning. Would love to see you place and ask some questions! I can’t seem to message you privately myself:/
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Caliborn wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:42 pm @whiteribbon are you available tomorrow if me and my wife come see your site? We are leaving for PP in the afternoon but have the morning. Would love to see you place and ask some questions! I can’t seem to message you privately myself:/
Sorry @Caliborn, didn't check here (or did check and forgot to reply) for a couple of days. I didn't get any private messages from you though.
Here are some updates in the pictures, all is almost finished (but I've been saying that already for a while, it might still take another couple of weeks). There are more pics if you click on the 'website'. You can always ask me here if you have questions.
They're currently (saturday almost 8pm) working to put up the widows for the living room.

Edit: @Caliborn do you use another username as well, just noticed I had some pm's from 'R....R...' but I gave a wrong number 382 instead of 381
just noise, white noise
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

Congratulations super villa

1) Are you staying 12 months there to control how the build the house ? or do you think they are working well without you being there ?
2) Are you in line with the budget ?
3) How far is the house from the beach ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic