One Burmese viewpoint on why so much hatered between Buddhist & Moslems in Burma

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: One Burmese viewpoint on why so much hatered between Buddhist & Moslems in Burma

Post by vladimir »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:57 pm Vlad is anti ANYTHING I post, so anything he comments on, is pretty worthless.
The guy is truly PRO Burmese military and anti Moslem, BUT his writings, research and facts from the 40's are true, and give a great background to why the genocide is taking place. All you need do is read up on the situation back than.

Vlad ever been to Burma? ever read anything about the place? The carton is his not mine.
I have been really harping on what is going on with the Rohingya's and u can see that in my past posts, but this is a viewpoint from the other side and a viewpoint held by many Buddhists Burmese.
Richard, I'm not anti anything you post, witness my lack of comment on many of your posts, and you know me, I will have my say
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:57 pm BUT his writings, research and facts from the 40's are true
How would you know, Richard? Seriously, are you a historian of note? No. Have you run this past any historian of note? No. But you're very eager to just accept that one nutter (who you admit is biased) is telling the truth. Why? Maybe the message is one that you'd like to be true? I don't know.

But I do know that any person with more than two brain cells wants to know who wrote a piece, simply because their bias and views distort the truth. This is not rocket science, Richard, this is stuff we learned as kids.

Propaganda like this whiffs of the Nazis and apartheid states, really. Get independent historians to verify it, until then treat it with the suspicion it deserves, and that cartoon indicates the kind of person the author is. Only worthy of contempt.

And yes, I have been to Burma, sorry that I didn't ask the supreme expat authority's permission.And on the second charge of reading about it, without your highness's permission, I likewise plead guilty.

Tbh, I don't see what either has to do with exercising caution with a known bias and finding propaganda hateful. You seem to think that your wanderings qualify you as some kind of font of wisdom on anything and everything pertaining to SE Asia. I never travelled to Nazi Germany, either, I can still judge it as trash.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic