Cambodia Prime Minister HE says 2018 election result does not need international recognition

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Cambodia Prime Minister HE says 2018 election result does not need international recognition

Post by Abc123 »

Cambodia Prime Minister HE says 2018 election result does not need international recognition.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-cambod ... NO?rpc=401&
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia Prime Minister HE says 2018 election result does not need international recognition

Post by timmydownawell »

Democracy just goes from strength to strength here doesn't it...
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia Prime Minister HE says 2018 election result does not need international recognition

Post by frank lee bent »

i think Xi Jinping's remarks were noteworthy regarding Cambodia recently during his visit
http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/zxxx_66 ... 3484.shtml
single party states can certainly be successful.
I hear very little criticism of the ruling party among young working class Khmer- not that i poke my long nose in or ask many questions unless the opportunity arises to see what they think.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Hmmmm. This ^.
One could say that under HE, Cambodia has advanced well. Certainly seems to be the general opinion out here in the bush.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:36 pm i think Xi Jinping's remarks were noteworthy regarding Cambodia recently during his visit
I hear very little criticism of the ruling party among young working class Khmer- not that i poke my long nose in or ask many questions unless the opportunity arises to see what they think.
I agree with you Frank. I was in a conversation with a group of working class, all with university background. They were talking about the Pol pot times, saying it was bad so many people died. But a good thing was it made people equal.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Revolutions don't make people equal.

They make different people top dogs.

To achieve universal equality, you need to remove that which makes people unequal.

Class defined by wealth.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

frank lee bent wrote: i think Xi Jinping's remarks were noteworthy regarding Cambodia recently during his visit
Really? My wife and every single one of her friends (I'm not sure you could put them in a 'class' category, but with very mixed backgrounds) are totally against the ruling party, and that goes for half of her family. The other half of her family are civil servants (and therefore not working 'class') and are all very much pro-the ruling party. I think the only people that still support are those paid directly by them. I have never found another Cambodian in favour of them and I know a lot of Cambodians socially.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Come on out to the countryside. Perhaps a different demographic. Almost all CPP, here.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Khmer I know, here and in the sticks, simply say nothing, because there's not much you can say in the face of leaders as crass and shameless as the current bunch.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Russia to send observers to Cambodia’s 2018 election, agrees to discuss debt.

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/node/98582

Russia and China are onboard as election observers, now all we need is for a Spanish speaking representative of Latin America and perhaps an African representative, from somewhere like the DRC, onboard, and it's happy camping. Not sure why the PM needs them after saying he doesn't need international recognition though?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic