Where to buy a gas western style BBQ in PP

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Where to buy a gas western style BBQ in PP

Post by Kuroneko »

kgbagent wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:47 pm

That looks ok - saw it earlier but discounted it due to no rotisserie but thinking about it some more I prob dont care too much about it really
So with discounts it is landed here for $663.50 and only duty payable on $367.50 so thats pretty OK price wise and also delivery in 7-15 days

The other one I have narrowed down is this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/high-qu ... 089a&tpp=1

This has the rotiss feature and if I buy on the sale day in 2 days time it lands here for $741.72 duty paid on $412.50 and same delivery time thereabouts

Thoughts?
Oh didn't realise it had no rotiss... If that's your main focuss go for that, I would have gone for the five burner with the cast iron plate over half the grill but relising it doesn't have the rotiss... perhaps not. With the one you chose you could make a frame to go under the grill to hold lava rocks if available. I converted my Jackeroo that way.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Kuroneko wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:18 pm
kgbagent wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:47 pm

That looks ok - saw it earlier but discounted it due to no rotisserie but thinking about it some more I prob dont care too much about it really
So with discounts it is landed here for $663.50 and only duty payable on $367.50 so thats pretty OK price wise and also delivery in 7-15 days

The other one I have narrowed down is this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/high-qu ... 089a&tpp=1

This has the rotiss feature and if I buy on the sale day in 2 days time it lands here for $741.72 duty paid on $412.50 and same delivery time thereabouts

Thoughts?
Oh didn't realise it had no rotiss... If that's your main focuss go for that, I would have gone for the five burner with the cast iron plate over half the grill but relising it doesn't have the rotiss... perhaps not. With the one you chose you could make a frame to go under the grill to hold lava rocks if available. I converted my Jackeroo that way.
tbh the side burner is less a feature - agreed, my one in OZ had the lava rocks - good improv

a couple of times a year I used to slow roast about 10kg of pork left to dry overnight at room temp then salt the skin and crank the bbq up to 260 till the skin crackled then lightly cover with tinfoil and slow cook at 140 for 5-7 hours. I used a tray full of white wine and garlic and herbs underneath to keep moisture rising thru the meat and had a roast I was famed for

I am happy to pay for what I want - they last forever so it is a good investment whether for a steak or sausage or a big roast
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

kgbagent wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 am
I am happy to pay for what I want - they last forever so it is a good investment whether for a steak or sausage or a big roast
Expense not an issue i'd go for this. Sale price $900

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SUS304- ... 0782&tpp=1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic