The Notorious Ned Kelly Conned in Cambodia by The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: The Notorious Ned Kelly Conned in Cambodia by The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow

Post by epidemiks »

Cam Nivag wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 am That landlord is indeed a scammer. I tried to help someone conned by him in 2013. Not surprised he's still at it. Promises anything you want and more, won't put anything in writing, doesn't deliver, keeps the cash when you've no choice but to walk away.
Did Ned put "live punk rock music venue" is writing?

If a landlord refuses to put something essential in writing, don't sign the lease and don't hand over the money. Once the lease is signed, there are no oral agreements.
I agree completely. This landlord has a knack for convincing people a written agreement of his promises isn't necessary.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: The Notorious Ned Kelly Conned in Cambodia by The Infamous Scammer James Whitlow

Post by vladimir »

Indeed.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"Oh my God! What a fabulous room!

Are all these your guitars?"

:facepalm:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Ned is reporting that James Whitlow is locked up in immigration and will be getting deported:

"I've just been given reliable intel regarding the whereabouts and activities of my nemesis Jay Whitlow, the charming con artist who managed to get about $1350 out of me due to my own stupidity, overly trusting nature, wishful thinking, and general desperation.

He is cooling his heels in immigration detention and presumably headed back to his home country with a 5 year ban on his return any day now. How did this calamity happen to befall the likes of one such as him? Guess.

For those of you who enjoyed having a laugh at my expense: Fuck you. I'm still here. He's not gonna be. Next time you pick a side in something that is most definitely not your business, either think twice or think a bit harder on who is right and who is wrong and which of us you're more likely to run into around town. The odds on that proposition have changed dramatically it would seem."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:31 am Ned is reporting that James Whitlow is locked up in immigration and will be getting deported:

"I've just been given reliable intel regarding the whereabouts and activities of my nemesis Jay Whitlow, the charming con artist who managed to get about $1350 out of me due to my own stupidity, overly trusting nature, wishful thinking, and general desperation.

He is cooling his heels in immigration detention and presumably headed back to his home country with a 5 year ban on his return any day now. How did this calamity happen to befall the likes of one such as him? Guess.

For those of you who enjoyed having a laugh at my expense: Fuck you. I'm still here. He's not gonna be. Next time you pick a side in something that is most definitely not your business, either think twice or think a bit harder on who is right and who is wrong and which of us you're more likely to run into around town. The odds on that proposition have changed dramatically it would seem."
Didn't he actively broadcast all this 'business' himself by publishing it on the scammer's group, essentially asking people to "pick a side"? :facepalm:

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:04 pm Posted on the Cambodia Scammers Facebook Page:

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Good news.
JeffPar
Tourist
Canada

Post by JeffPar »

that genius wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:17 pm Good news.
If Whitlow is still in Cambodia Ned shouldn't be celebrating yet. That's like spiking the football when you're at the five yard line.

Maybe Ned foolishly paid off someone else who took his money and is giving him false info about Whitlow's pending deportation.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Was just checking the Leng Pleng gig guide out and it says

Headliners Nightmare A.D. will end the night with songs from their forthcoming EP, at what could be their last show with bassist Ned Kelly. As well as being a solid bass player, Ned has been a massive supporter of the music scene in Phnom Penh for many years, putting on many many shows and bringing many international bands to The Kingdom. Ned will be off to the States for a while but here’s hoping, on behalf of the Phnom Penh music community, he does not stay away too long!

Is this fall out from the events of this thread? I mean sure that crooked Whitlow character got what he deserved but as this was so public, with pictures of neds torture dungeon/gig venue and all the other mud slung at the kid was it suddenly difficult to get work? Did the authorities turn the screw on him as well? Did the landlord take him to court or is he about to?

Seems odd, he has his young fiance, been around here forever so clearly loves the place and pretty sure he'd never be one to go back to the states whilst Trump is in charge, I sure as shit wont be.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've seen him about, he seems fine, probably just a temporary move.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Regarding the landlord taking him to court, yes, yes he did. It comes as little surprise that young Ms. Kelly wants none of the ass whooping they've got brewing up there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic