Is Golden Sorya Mall being torn down?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Re: Is Golden Sorya Mall being torn down?

Post by xxxxxxx »

Chlamydia Town.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Yama-Ho-Topia
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:35 am i wonder if it will have better toilets?

This thread is not about Poipet.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Holdfast
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Holdfast »

Better toilets! What, you want ones that flush, maybe even the urinels and running water to wash your hands before leaving! What's next, a gopher standing there handing out paper towels on the way out with his other mitt out for a small gratuity, much like the old Beach Club in KL.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

by better, i really just meant closer
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Yep. Needed a cut lunch and waterbag to use them
Sweeter
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Sweeter »

GSM has great potential to be a fun place for tourists and expats to hang out and spend money but a certain racket has ruined it so far. Half the time I went there someone would toss a bag of whatever on my lap or try to get me into some drug-related conversation. The foreigners were the worst sometimes:

"Im hungry for some icecream."
"Yeah and you just need to ship it across the border.."
"What the f are you talking about?"

Or political conversations:

"Hi how are you?"
"(*yells loudly*) This is Cambodia. You cannot talk bad about HE."
"I never have... I just said hello to you..."

It's like there is some payment system where people can make money from informing on people for drug or political activities but rather than providing real intel they just bullshit. It made the place totally creepy.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sweeter wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 pm

"Hi how are you?"
That's hilarious. Thanks for reminding me why I rarely hang around the center of town anymore. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Sweeter wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 pm GSM has great potential to be a fun place for tourists and expats to hang out and spend money but a certain racket has ruined it so far. Half the time I went there someone would toss a bag of whatever on my lap or try to get me into some drug-related conversation. The foreigners were the worst sometimes:

"Hi how are you?"

It's like there is some payment system where people can make money from informing on people for drug or political activities but rather than providing real intel they just bullshit. It made the place totally creepy.
GSM cambodians are sketchy as all fuck.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

I thought I posted about this earlier, but I don't see it here. I'll repost:

PROPOSED RULES FOR THE NEW GSM
I suggest total racism and sexism, and encourage profiling in controlling the new GSM (PP PUB STREET).

1. All young, Khmer males that look drugged out (baggy pants, way too skinny) - NOT ALLOWED. (Except for good hip hop bands, of course).

2. All barely-dressed females ARE ALLOWED - but not druggy-skinny (though natural spinners are welcome, of course). Barely-dressed females allow for quick security and health assessments, so, no problems with that.

3. Funky furriners (wife beaters, bad teeth, stringy hair) ARE still allowed - they just pay a deposit in advance and sign all their drink orders. If they have a responsible friend vouch for them, even better.

4. Male gays (including pre-op transsexuals) must be counter-balanced with a commensurate amount of sexy lesbians. MUST, just to be fair. There must be an overwhelming ratio of women to men, perhaps 2-3:1, AT ALL TIMES, to ensure civility of the patrons. Too many women mean so little (male) fights.

5. FEMALE CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Oil- / mud-wrestling pit with changing rooms, showers, and lockers. Sales of swim wear allowed. Cat fights moved to The Pit, wrestling, mounting, and body bumping encouraged. No scratching, hair-pulling, or strikes to the face / teeth allowed, or a real fine. Fat chicks count as two girls if making teams. Girls must pay a small token to fight their adversaries at the new GSM. Customers can pay for them.

Small charges to view closeup to pay for the referees, bell-ringers / timekeepers, etc. Win-win for all, conflict resolved. Viewers can choose best chick, best fighter, etc., and give them cash awards, etc.

6. MALE CONFLICT RESOLUTION: The Bucking Bronco!
If a small but strong bucking bronco were installed, with lots of big cushions and safety, etc., trouble-makers would be sent to the Bucking Bronco. If they can ride for say, 30 seconds or more, they may continue misbehaving. If they do not survive the Test of the Bronco, they must desist all bad behavior, but may stay.

Bull operator must be experienced management staff. Ride is for FREE, teehee. Wear the helmet, haha.

THEN the new GSM would be much better, and entertaining, too!
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic