Is Golden Sorya Mall being torn down?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Is Golden Sorya Mall being torn down?

Post by AndyKK »

No I do not know her. But this is PP. Not the Brazilian photo you had submitted. Was only making the correction.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:46 pm
Arget wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm Sad that you blokes have admitted knowing these girls so well that you can pick them out in the street.
Doesn't need much imagination to pick out freelancers, does it? If you saw these two girls hanging out in the street one night, what would you later tell your friend? Maybe you would say "I saw two freelancers hanging around the street last night"? Do you know them, likely not.

Anyway I thought you may have submitted this sexy one..........Meowed.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 pm
Kuroneko wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:46 pm
Arget wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:05 pm Sad that you blokes have admitted knowing these girls so well that you can pick them out in the street.
Doesn't need much imagination to pick out freelancers, does it? If you saw these two girls hanging out in the street one night, what would you later tell your friend? Maybe you would say "I saw two freelancers hanging around the street last night"? Do you know them, likely not.

Anyway I thought you may have submitted this sexy one..........Meowed.

Them freelancers around GSM are sketchy, the place in general is just weird.

Was kinda fun around 2010/12 back when the lakeside was still open but now Its mostly the dregs of pattaya.

Sorry but its true.,...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:24 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:10 pm
But the Cambodian reality -

Are you suggesting she is a freelancer?
Do you know her?
Looks like a palm-reader to me.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 pm No I do not know her. But this is PP. Not the Brazilian photo you had submitted. Was only making the correction.
Arget was implying that if you say that you see a freelancer on the street you must know her. My point was that you do not have to personally know a free lancer to recognise one.

My illustration to prove the point used a free lancer from Brazil which I would presume you would recognise as a free lancer and the fact that she is from Brazil you are unlikely to know her. From your reply I assume you recognise her as a free lancer as you posted a picture of a possible PP freelancer, and the fact that you said you did not know her, suggests that one can recognise a free lancer without actually knowing her. This proves my case. Does it not?

Geez your hard work! :D

Holdfast
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Holdfast »

I'm sure some bars will remain open, or open again again in the mall, and there will always be freelancers hanging about the mall as long as it's there. What the hell is wrong with freelancers anyway, I know the majority of them around that area. Sharkey was full of them in its heyday, they were a big part of what made the place back then, not those fuckin bands with their shit music that big Mike was in love with and allowed virtually take over in the last 5 years or so of its death rattles, and die it will regardless of the new ownership.

But back to GSM, I don't know why so many people knock it all the time. Pretty easy, don't like the place, don't go near there. I like having a beer and maybe a talk around that area, out in the open air and see what crazy things are going on, freelancers add to that scene. To me it's preferable than standing in some fuckin hostess bar, although I still call into a couple in 136 or 172 and enjoy It now and again, I go for the experience and the atmosphere for a change.
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

Having lived in Angeles City for 7 years and in PP for 14 years, I don't need to be a personal acquaintance to recognise freelancers, particularly when they're hanging out at GSM. Grow up!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I guess it's supposed to look like this.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:22 am I guess it's supposed to look like this.

THE PUB STREET, is their name for it, but I think we should be allowed to give it a name.

let's see.

GSM 2

Shank's Street
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i wonder if it will have better toilets?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic