Mentally ill woman kills sleeping husband with axe

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mentally ill woman kills sleeping husband with axe

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

7 November 2017
BATTAMBANG - A 49 year old woman who has been mentally ill for the past ten years, and who has five young children, attacked and killed her husband with an axe at 12:12pm on November 5, 2017, in Anlong Village, Tasang Commune, Samlot District, Battambang Province. The children were not home at the time the attack took place.
The 49 year old man was lying on his bed sleeping, when his wife repeatedly hit him on the head with an axe. The motive behind the attack is uncertified, but she said she was angry because her husband was not working; the woman was not previously prone to outbursts of violence.
After she murdered her husband, the woman went to invite her neighbors to come to the funeral ceremony. The villagers came to her house to see what had happened, and everyone was shocked to see the man was lying dead in a pool of blood.
The police were called, and the woman was taken into custody. She risks ten to fifteen years prison for intentional murder.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mentally ill woman kills sleeping husband with axe

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Strange, he wasn't "sleeping around."

The invitation after the fact shows courtesy for others.

The new Khmer (Elizabeth) Borden, equipped with axe, for movie goers and lazy children everywhere ...
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Mentally ill People in Cambodia! What are peoples views on the subject? Mostly I see the family are left to care for them. What of medications and any guidance.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

AndyKK wrote:Mentally ill People in Cambodia! What are peoples views on the subject? Mostly I see the family are left to care for them. What of medications and any guidance.
I thought you just chained them up in the shed

Sent from my LG-X240 using Tapatalk

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 pm
AndyKK wrote:Mentally ill People in Cambodia! What are peoples views on the subject? Mostly I see the family are left to care for them. What of medications and any guidance.

yup lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Seems to me like there are a lot of mentally ill barangs here too. I've met some real creeps during my short stay here.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Ronny wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 pm Seems to me like there are a lot of mentally ill barangs here too. I've met some real creeps during my short stay here.
Are you saying that people who suffer from mental illnesses are 'creeps'?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

^Thanks for that Jamie.
Health and care should be recognised by the government and addressed by help and treatments from its members.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:10 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 pm

yup lol
Thread on NGO Operation Unchained here. post197620.html?hilit=chained#p197620
There's still so little help for families dealing with mental illness. Chain them up, or ignore them until something bad happens.
I dont think there is much access to medication in the countryside, and only a few hospitals in the cities with psychiatric treatment and meds.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:29 pm
Ronny wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:19 pm Seems to me like there are a lot of mentally ill barangs here too. I've met some real creeps during my short stay here.
Are you saying that people who suffer from mental illnesses are 'creeps'?
Some, yes, but not all. I guess it depends on what kind of mental illness we are talking about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic