Thailand is better than cambodia

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thailand is better than cambodia

Post by onico »

Thai girls want quick money, Cambodian girls dreams of Prince Charming... since they are child, they go every 6 months to the famous Khmer wedding... they wait their turn and do not care to build house for papa/mama as much as Issaan girls.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:15 am Points for Thai bars

1) Nude bars so you can check out the merchandise first
2) Cheap bar fines
3) Far more girls to choose from
4) Girls dress more provacatively
5) Better English (or Thai, which i speak - unfortunately only know a few words in Khmai despite having a Cambodian gf)
6) Less likely to cake on the white face powder

Points for Phnom Penh bars
1) More darker skinned girls (my type)
2) Better beer (again, my preference)
3) Less likely to have implants

I love both places for various reasons, but in Thailand it's just easier for me. Maybe it's a communication thing and because I know how it works?
onico wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 am Thai girls want quick money, Cambodian girls dreams of Prince Charming... since they are child, they go every 6 months to the famous Khmer wedding... they wait their turn and do not care to build house for papa/mama as much as Issaan girls.
Are we talking bar girls, This type of working girl is affter the quick money, this goes for every working girl around the world.
Nice girls! Hope you have very deep pockets over here. :stir:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
onico
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by onico »

Many of the working girls in Cambodia are happy with the 100-150$ salary and extra money from drinks (can be +150$ more) and do not want to go outside with customers unless they think can get something "long term" with them. It's all time about the lack of ambition of Khmers.

I mean, thai girls want all time "more more more" and keep working even if they get already 2500$/month.

Conversely, cambodians, many times think : "it's ok, I have enough already, with 100$ I can eat chicken feet everyday" expect for the old ladies end of series who understand the harder you work, the more luck you have.

Long live Cambodia :-)
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:31 pm Price hike maybe due to a developing country.
just because they build thousands of condos, shopping areas, etc. that people do not NEED (except as some kind of investment game) does not make it developed in my book. Nor does a railway into China. It's a money game. Outside most city areas it's hardly any more developed than years ago. "Development" is just a scam to hide money, shuffle it around, and raise prices. With LOTS of Chinese having new found disposable incomes it ain't gonna change though. I suppose soon enough the "bubble burst" scam will hit Bkk at least but here that only doubled and tripled costs. It would amuse me to see 50 condos under construction stopped in mid crane hoist.
For me PP is amusing in that after a few major constructions and lake drainings they seem to think they are on par with Bkk and prices reflect this. There will always be morons that flock to a place to be clipped. Cracked me up staying in a nice $8 a night family owned guesthouse with AC that right across the street there were boobs paying $265 a NIGHT in some silly bizarre upscale hotel to look out onto the SAME street as I did. I'm starting to wonder if Mexico or someplace in CA might be immune from this particular problem. With 2 nations that have a billion suckers, er citizens SO CLOSE to SE Asia at some point this shit was bound to happen.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Mr Curious wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:31 pm Price hike maybe due to a developing country.
just because they build thousands of condos, shopping areas, etc. that people do not NEED
Seeing that the occupancy rate for condos in Phnom Penh was 85% at the end of last year, it seems that a large number of people are taking advantage of the available property, and in Phnom Penh the demand is still high. The occupants are wanting to buy and rent these apartments. I don't think need enters the equation much.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Kuroneko, I'm guessing your stats don't include Camko City.

Can you cite your source for 85% occupancy? No offence, but I think it's inflated. Very inflated. Was it stated by a 'business development manager' or an estate agent?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thailand has great food and food is cheap compared to Cambodia. The girls are mercenary but provide much better service. I have loved Thailand for 40 years. I am biased because my son is a Thai. One more thing, Thais read. Cambodians do not, they are simpletons but I don’t mind this really.
Interesting having two Khmer children going to school in Australia and seeing them change from morons to literate and questioning individuals
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

that genius wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:24 pm Kuroneko, I'm guessing your stats don't include Camko City.

Can you cite your source for 85% occupancy? No offence, but I think it's inflated. Very inflated. Was it stated by a 'business development manager' or an estate agent?
Just an article in PPP earlier this year predicting condo prices to fall this year.

Ann Sothida, director of CBRE Cambodia, said condominium prices remained stable in 2017 despite the doubling of supply, but with a surge of new units expected in the coming months prices for affordable and mid-range condominiums could start to weaken.

“The current supply of condos available on the market consists of 8,600 units, but by then end of this year 17 more condo projects, or the equivalent to 13,000 units, will be added into the market,” she explained. “Prices will fall relative to the increase of supply.”

According to the CBRE report, prices of mid-range and high-end condos are expected to drop by 4 percent and 3 percent, respectively. The steepest drop will be felt by affordable condos, a category for units that sell for less than $1,500 per square metre.

The median price per square foot on condominiums in Phnom Penh was $1,350 for affordable condos, $2,600 for mid-range and $3,200 for high-end, according to the study.

The high demand in Phnom Penh was able to absorb most of the new supply in 2017, but sales teams will feel competition intensify with the addition of 13,000 units this year.

“The occupancy rate of condos in Phnom Penh at the end of 2017 was 85 percent, but we expect it to decrease this year because there will be more supply in the market,” said Sothida.https://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-prop ... -year-cbre

My condo out at Chroy Changvar is around 80% occupancy. The population in Phnom Penh has doubled to around three million over the last couple of years or so and there are certainly a lot of "moneyed locals" spending in Phnom Penh, whether its in restaurants or property.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

everything blame on over supply :facepalm:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

I can not say which is better because I have not been to Thailand...but I hear tell it is not a good place to have a 4:20 session anymore. I do like Cambodia more than the Philippines! :bow:
~
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic