Water taxi service for Phnom Penh by April

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Khmerican
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Water taxi service for Phnom Penh by April

Post by Khmerican »

Duncan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 pm There were always half a dozen or more parked up about a few hundred meters north of the jap bridge [ Photo taken from bridge about 2006 ]

Photo,,, if Imgur will load it.

No luck even from my second computer [ laptop ]

[Admin edit: image uploaded :) ]
Those are the boats that used to do the route from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, when the road was a much more miserable option. They used the same boats for the route from Sihanoukville to Koh Kong. I was on it once when the seas were so rough that the boat was slamming back down on the waves and it felt like it surely would split in two.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Khmerican wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm
Duncan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:25 pm There were always half a dozen or more parked up about a few hundred meters north of the jap bridge [ Photo taken from bridge about 2006 ]

Those are the boats that used to do the route from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, when the road was a much more miserable option. They used the same boats for the route from Sihanoukville to Koh Kong.

I was on it once when the seas were so rough that the boat was slamming back down on the waves and it felt like it surely would split in two.

Your only telling half the story. I did the KK to Snooky trip many times before the road was built.

After the boat slams down from a high wave, it becomes like a submarine as the bow plunges into the water and you can hear the change of pace of those engines screaming then almost die . You want to get out of the confinement of cabin with the air con not going and the smell of sea sick khmers throwing up from the open toilet they have at the back, , you keep telling yourself this is the last time you will ever travel on this floating sub ,,, even if I survive. As an other large wave hits the boat on the side and it nearly tips over, you wonder why all the twenty ton of produce that they loaded on to the deck has not fall overboard, and you keep praying that it does.

I thank God I survived.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

Duncan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:28 pm
Khmerican wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Those are the boats that used to do the route from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, when the road was a much more miserable option. They used the same boats for the route from Sihanoukville to Koh Kong.

I was on it once when the seas were so rough that the boat was slamming back down on the waves and it felt like it surely would split in two.

Your only telling half the story. I did the KK to Snooky trip many times before the road was built.

After the boat slams down from a high wave, it becomes like a submarine as the bow plunges into the water and you can hear the change of pace of those engines screaming then almost die . You want to get out of the confinement of cabin with the air con not going and the smell of sea sick khmers throwing up from the open toilet they have at the back, , you keep telling yourself this is the last time you will ever travel on this floating sub ,,, even if I survive. As an other large wave hits the boat on the side and it nearly tips over, you wonder why all the twenty ton of produce that they loaded on to the deck has not fall overboard, and you keep praying that it does.

I thank God I survived.

It's nice to know my work is appreciated.
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

that genius wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:00 am It's great that they covered the platform and the gangplank so that people won't stop using it in the rainy season.

Overcrowding, difficult to exit from in an emergency (narrow exit) probably no life-jackets or not worn...

People are going to die.

But you will be happy to know that even when the gates of hell are shut my pearly white gate to heaven will be open 24/7.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Over 16k take advantage of PP-Takhmao ferry
18 May 2018
The Ministry of Public Works and Transportation announced on Thursday that 16,287 passengers have so far travelled to and from Phnom Penh and Takhmao town on the new public ferry service, launched in April. Boats will continue to take passengers free of charge until August 1.

The ministry has not yet said how much the ride will cost when it is ticketed. The Kingdom’s government is currently making a push to expand public transit options in the capital.

A new rail line between Phnom Penh International Airport and the railway station on Monivong Boulevard opened on April 10, and is still offering service free of charge.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... hmao-ferry
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

One of the problems with the water taxi service is the timetable. Mostly boats leave at half hour intervials, but during the morning peak times on the road there is no boat service between 6 . 50 am and 10 . 30 am
Again in the afternoon no service between 11 .50 am and 16 . 00 pm
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Seriously?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

canucklhead wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:45 amSeriously?

Seriously,, Imgur will not load the pic of the timetable
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:21 pm
18 May 2018
Boats will continue to take passengers free of charge until August 1.
Hmmm, right after the election... imagine that.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Duncan wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:34 am One of the problems with the water taxi service is the timetable. Mostly boats leave at half hour intervials, but during the morning peak times on the road there is no boat service between 6 . 50 am and 10 . 30 am
Again in the afternoon no service between 11 .50 am and 16 . 00 pm
Beautiful boats though. Look brand new. I took a ride and was impressed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic