Water taxi service for Phnom Penh by April

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Water taxi service for Phnom Penh by April

Post by beaker »

beaker wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:45 am
pczz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 pm Wonder who has the contract for life preservers
I don't remember seeing a proper life jacket in the whole 10 years that I have only seen ski vests.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

''“For sure, the water taxi fares will be affordable as are city bus fares,” he said.

I would like to see how you can operate a boat for the same costs as a bus.
Yes, I know that is not what it says but the implication is there.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Luigi wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:21 pm ''“For sure, the water taxi fares will be affordable as are city bus fares,” he said.

Boats dont have to pay for tyres ,like buses.. Must be cheaper .

Spoiler:
Must be right, ask any bargirl
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Luigi wrote:''“For sure, the water taxi fares will be affordable as are city bus fares,” he said.

Simples. They travel up the river with the current and wait 6 months for the return journey, also with the current.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Night Market, PP

Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Duncan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:41 pm Night Market, PP

Strange. These boats remind me of the Saigon-Vung Tau boats, the left boat like the new ones they are currently using and the second, like the decades-old hydrofoil boat that was retired after fires and sinkings. Could be wrong, however.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

There were always half a dozen or more parked up about a few hundred meters north of the jap bridge [ Photo taken from bridge about 2006 ]

Photo,,, if Imgur will load it.

No luck even from my second computer [ laptop ]

[Admin edit: image uploaded :) ]
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Today's the day.
Phnom Penh ferry service to begin on Friday
05 April 2018 | 17:29 ICT
A ferry service is set to open on Friday that will take passengers along the Tonle Sap and Tonle Bassac rivers, making three stops in Phnom Penh and one in Kandal province’s Takhmao City, according to a spokesman at the Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MPWT).

Transport Minister Sun Chanthol is scheduled to preside over the opening ceremony held at one of the four stops, near the capital’s night market in Daun Penh district. The other three stops are in Russey Keo to the north, and Chaktomuk and Takhmao City to the south.

“We will start with four initial terminals and continue to build more terminals,” ministry spokesman Va Sim Sorya said yesterday, noting stops would eventually reach as far north as Prek Pnov district.

The ferry service will temporarily be free for passengers, but will eventually transition to a paid system, Sorya said, adding he could not provide details on the schedule, price, or passenger capacity of the ferry service.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... gin-friday
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

It's great that they covered the platform and the gangplank so that people won't stop using it in the rainy season.

Overcrowding, difficult to exit from in an emergency (narrow exit) probably no life-jackets or not worn...

People are going to die.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It's a go ! Services have started.

Photos rasmeinews
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic