Water taxi service for Phnom Penh by April

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Water taxi service for Phnom Penh by April

Post by Duncan »

The start of construction of the jetty at Takhmau
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Wonder who has the contract for life preservers
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It's confirmed. Coming soon.

Water taxi from Phnom Penh to Takhmao to open in April
13 March 2018
A new water taxi will open next month to carry commuters and tourists between Phnom Penh and Takhmao, the biggest city in Kandal Province.

Four boats able to carry between 45 and 60 people each will make the 45-minute trip from Prek Phnov in far northern Phnom Penh to Takhmao along the Tonle Sap and Tonle Bassac rivers, with 15 stops in between, according to the Ministry of Public Works and Transportation.

The fare was not announced at Saturday's presentation on the project.

Kong Ratanak, of the Institute for Road Safety, said the water taxi service could help unclog the streets and reduce traffic accidents.

"It is very, very congested, especially near the bridge headed to Takhmao," Ratanak said. "If we can have a waterway for the city, that would be wonderful."
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/w ... open-april
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I'm pretty optimistic about this, if there's actually much demand for it. Can people take motorbikes on?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

currently no public bus stops on the riverside between the two pp bridges
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:57 pm I'm pretty optimistic about this, if there's actually much demand for it. Can people take motorbikes on?
At least the boats Royal Express Boat has now are just for passengers, so pretty sure no, you cannot take motorbike with you.
(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 pm currently no public bus stops on the riverside between the two pp bridges
There are multiple stops at Riverside? And as far as I know almost every stop where the water taxi stops, will have bus stop as well. So one can take the water taxi and then connecting to the bus, Grab bike (motodop) or tuktuk for the last kilometer inside city.

For example this is the water taxi station being build in Russey Keo along National Road 5, next to the new Freedom Park. You can see it already has terminus/stop for some bus lines.
Last edited by rogerrabbit on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

pczz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 pm Wonder who has the contract for life preservers
I don't remember seeing a proper life jacket in the whole 10 years that I have been here only those ski vests.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

I think this terminal in russei keo is the main bus depot where multiple bus lines are departing.
Saw at least 2,3 and 4b yesterday while passing.
Rivertaxi could be a good idea if people use it, could take away some traffic from sisowath and 19.
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

pigs fly. shouldnt be too long before someone comes along and says they dont FFS
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

New transport links ready for KNY
4 April 2018
The water taxis from Preak Pnov in northern Phnom Penh to Takmao city in Kandal province will start on Friday, 6 April 2018. Ministry spokesman Va Simsorya said the services were Khmer New Year gifts for the Cambodian people.
[The service will be free until the end of July.]

There are five stations along the 25km waterway from Preak Pnov to Takmao and the service will take an average 35 minutes, Mr Simsorya said.

“We set the deadline for launching the water taxi service, so we have a race against time to finish construction and launch the service on April 6,” Mr Simsorya said.

Once operational, three boats will be used at a time out six boats. Each can carry 60 passengers. “We have not decided the boat fares yet,” Mr Simsorya said.

Minister Sun Chanthol said last month that discussion of water taxi fares would be continuing. “For sure, the water taxi fares will be affordable as are city bus fares,” he said.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50299226/ne ... y-for-kny/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic