smoking ban on beaches started yesterday

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: smoking ban on beaches started yesterday

Post by phuketrichard »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm BKK, CM and CR
but maybe phuket is different to the rest of the country
never been there
too far away from anything
than why post lies and mis information???

Men say Krap
women/females say Ka :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

He could simply be mistaken richard, like you were (about the GIs and Pattaya, remember?) flb is not a liar.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

vladimir wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:20 pm He could simply be mistaken richard, like you were (about the GIs and Pattaya, remember?) flb is not a liar.
??
he admitted he had never been to Phuket and as i referred to phuket......nothing mistaken........so he has no idea what goes on here
am sure he appreciates u defending him thou :beer3:

Regardless i hope it works
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Haven't seen them myself yet but will look tomorrow, along Jomtien beach they have erected smoking booths on the beachside walkway which I'm led to believe are like plastic enclosed bus shelters. Chances are if the evil cancer sticks don't kill you're liable to melt to death in those perspex sun attracting ovens. :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 pm Haven't seen them myself yet but will look tomorrow, along Jomtien beach they have erected smoking booths on the beachside walkway which I'm led to believe are like plastic enclosed bus shelters. Chances are if the evil cancer sticks don't kill you're liable to melt to death in those perspex sun attracting ovens. :D
building the booths now in Patong
I dont smoke, BUT have u ever walked n one of those smoking rooms at airports?
5 minutes in there, surprised people dont die :beer3:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:37 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:52 pm Haven't seen them myself yet but will look tomorrow, along Jomtien beach they have erected smoking booths on the beachside walkway which I'm led to believe are like plastic enclosed bus shelters. Chances are if the evil cancer sticks don't kill you're liable to melt to death in those perspex sun attracting ovens. :D
building the booths now in Patong
I dont smoke, BUT have u ever walked n one of those smoking rooms at airports?
5 minutes in there, surprised people dont die :beer3:
Likewise I don't smoke either so haven't been in them but I remember when I used to commute into central London walking through a smoking train carriage and it was the same scenario, thought i was going to choke before I got to the other end, hideous. Any small measure the authorities do to improve littering is positive in my book, I go to Bangkok on the Jomtien airport bus regularly and I watch people having a last minute puff before getting on, invariable they just through the butt casually on the ground even though there are bins around.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

In my experience, a Thai woman will use "khrap" (ครับ) when speaking to a man with whom she is acquainted but not quite friends with when she is being kind of cheeky and flirty.

As for cigarettes, the users are addicts and should be offered free stays in nice rehabilitation clinics.

Anyway, they've got this. Maybe stocks and pilliories are next. :thumb:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ครับ (krap) and ค่ะ (ka) should be said at the end of almost every sentence in order to be polite, after a few sentences it can be dropped.

for a lady
Using "ka" or even "na ka" are ways to show respect to the person you are addressing. Na Ka is even more respectful. Ka also shows the person is listening
you might hear some women say "krap" when they talk to a boy or some men say "ka" to a young girl, but it is not really correct.
using krap or ka can also denote a yes

Personally , I have never ever heard a thai women, rich or poor, bar girl or executive say Krap

I think its great that smokers get their own little rooms :-)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Smoking Ban On Beaches Kicks In On Feb 1
Published on 25th January 2018 by Stickboy BKK

In an effort to keep popular beaches around the country clean, the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources has banned smoking on 24 beaches in 15 provinces from February 1st.

Anyone found flouting the new law faces a 100,000 baht fine and/or one year in the slammer.

Smoking zones have been set up at all 24 beaches earmarked for the ban to allow sun worshipers who want a ciggy by the sea.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:38 pm Smoking Ban On Beaches Kicks In On Feb 1
Published on 25th January 2018 by Stickboy BKK

In an effort to keep popular beaches around the country clean, the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources has banned smoking on 24 beaches in 15 provinces from February 1st.

Anyone found flouting the new law faces a 100,000 baht fine and/or one year in the slammer.

Smoking zones have been set up at all 24 beaches earmarked for the ban to allow sun worshipers who want a ciggy by the sea.
Fuck Thailand and the new scam! :evil:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic