WA man to be extradited cold case murder of Khmer Rouge member Ranny Yun in Melbourne

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

WA man to be extradited cold case murder of Khmer Rouge member Ranny Yun in Melbourne

Post by Abc123 »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-02/w ... er/9112604
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: WA man to be extradited cold case murder of Khmer Rouge member Ranny Yun in Melbourne

Post by willyhilly »

She sounded like a good sort, Springvale is an awful place.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: WA man to be extradited cold case murder of Khmer Rouge member Ranny Yun in Melbourne

Post by prahocalypse now »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:27 pm Springvale is an awful place.
People used to go there to buy heroin.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Was in the Khmer Rouge, then moved to Australia to be an illegal loan shark? Sounds like the guy should be getting a medal instead of jail time.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
saltedcaramelpopcorn
Tourist
Australia

Post by saltedcaramelpopcorn »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:17 pm Was in the Khmer Rouge, then moved to Australia to be an illegal loan shark? Sounds like the guy should be getting a medal instead of jail time.
My partner is Khmer and works with a lot of people who were in the Khmer Rouge, but the other Khmers that work along them don't blame or hold it against them as it was "kill or be killed", also he's told me when his family first came to Australia they didn't know what a toilet was and drank from it, they caught worms from dirt to boil and eat, and caught a random pelican in the river and killed and cooked it, which apparently tasted like shit. What I'm saying is, Ranny was only in Australia for a year, she may have not known what was legal and what wasn't as Australia and Cambodia was/is vastly different.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

saltedcaramelpopcorn wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:18 am
My partner is Khmer and works with a lot of people who were in the Khmer Rouge, but the other Khmers that work along them don't blame or hold it against them as it was "kill or be killed"...
I think that some Khmers have been known to seek revenge against members of the Khmer Rouge who killed their family members.

Anyway, another news report says that the Ranny Yun was also raped. It seems to be quite common for rapists in Cambodia to murder their victims after the act to keep them quiet. That might be the motive. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... urder.html
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

It's a well know phycological trait for people who carried out the mass murderer to say they didn't have a choice, S21 guards for example, but the fact is they were chosen (or even volunteerd) for that role.

Same for Nazi prison camp guards and any other mass attrocity you can think of throughout time.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

as for present times there is no shortage of volunteers for Guantanamo and sister camps throughout the world, within its host regime.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:28 am It's a well know phycological trait for people who carried out the mass murderer to say they didn't have a choice, S21 guards for example, but the fact is they were chosen (or even volunteerd) for that role.

Same for Nazi prison camp guards and any other mass attrocity you can think of throughout time.
I doubt most would refuse when ordered by Nazis or KR. You either do it, or you join the victims.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:29 am
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:28 am It's a well know phycological trait for people who carried out the mass murderer to say they didn't have a choice, S21 guards for example, but the fact is they were chosen (or even volunteerd) for that role.

I doubt most would refuse when ordered by Nazis or KR. You either do it, or you join the victims.
Obviously.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic