visit in december

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frankan
Tourist
Australia

visit in december

Post by frankan »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. My visit to Cambodia 13 years ago has many happy memories. I now live in Isaan, Thailand, happily married to Thai wife for 10 years. My nephew in Oz has a Cambodian wife, Eurasian kids, they are coming to Angkhor 1st week December, then we will go on to PP.
My first question is what currency should I load my ANZ travel card up with. Are US dollars the preferred currency still?

The second question is about a whore I met in Walkabout, let's not mince words, she was a whore, I was a trick, a willing punter. She was profoundly deaf, consequently dumb but we communicated with mime. It was funny and imaginative, and the sex was brilliant. She would be mid 40s now, I don't want sex or romance with her now but I know I will think about her every minute I am in PP. Perhaps somebody in Sharkys remembers her.

I read that PP has cleaned up its act, Walkabout has gone. I'm looking forward to my visit. See you in Sharkys.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: visit in december

Post by phuketrichard »

$$$$
Sharky's is a mere shadow of itself from even 5 years ago

you will NOT find hardly anything the same after 13 years, ( except the tonle sap still flow, an reverses itself every year)

Angkor will be very crowded when u visit, an dont forget its $37/day now
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Everything has changed in 13 years. Cambodia is changing so fast. Don't expect anything to be the same as before.
Enjoy your stay, but don't hang on to the nostalgia of your last visit.
:beer2:
Che
Tourist
Congo

Post by Che »

Sharky’s bar will be closed for a make over until early December at least so you probably should have a back up plan of where to drink and reminisce. There was a couple of deaf girls around. Personally haven’t seen them lately.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

"Flipper" is married with kids to some white guy.

Deaf girls do it better, I agree.

Plus you can call them all sorts when they aren't looking.
frankan
Tourist
Australia

Post by frankan »

Thanks guys. Yes 13 years is a long time and I had read that PP was cleaning up its image. Walkabout was my waterhole then and a lot of dangerous characters about. I'll have no time for a trip to Sihanookville(?) so looks like best behaviour. There are plenty of ATMs I trust, carrying wads of cash ($US I assume) could ask for trouble.
If Flipper is the woman I'm talking about, and you know her, please tell her I wish for her the same happiness I enjoy with my Thai family and thankyou for the fond memories.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

frankan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:38 pm Thanks guys. Yes 13 years is a long time and I had read that PP was cleaning up its image.
Yes, the streets around the riverside have been cleaned up by replacing non-descript shophouses with about 150 hooker bars.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yes USD is the main currency and what the ATMs discharge so id load it up with them
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Siemreapchillin
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Siemreapchillin »

Its not like before OP, that old school "anything can happen " vibe isn't there anymore and its replaces by a demand in higher prices, more expensive bar fines, less happy locals.....

Just goto hostess bars with a happy hour to drink until pontoon opens.

But the jack Daniel cokes we're near 5USD a drink, not like before when they we're like 2 dollars......
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Siemreapchillin wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:17 pm Its not like before OP, that old school "anything can happen " vibe isn't there anymore and its replaces by a demand in higher prices, more expensive bar fines, less happy locals.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic