Expecting a parcel from Australia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Expecting a parcel from Australia

Post by Arget »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:14 pm
Arget wrote:
Bloody thing was too small...................... =@
That’s what she said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its all relative to where you try to fit it........................ =@
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i have sent and received thousands of dollars in jewellery ( silver/ semi precious stones ) on multiple occasions by EMS from SV to TH and USA.
never a hassle- never tax.
You MUST prominently have your phone number written on the parcel.
I found them really good in SV.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Perhaps my telephone number wasn't prominent enough.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

violet wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:26 pm Perhaps my telephone number wasn't prominent enough.
You have to write it in CAPITALS so they see it.
I've had millions of dollars of jewellery delivered no problem.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

If you bribe the old man who runs the post office with a fiver he'll generally remember where you live and pop it round. If it doesn't have a tracking number then it will take up to about two months, I thought my bag of water pistols were long lost until I turned up for something else and it suddenly appeared. I don't think they steal anything, the filing system is just a little chaotic.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:02 pm If you bribe the old man who runs the post office with a fiver he'll generally remember where you live and pop it round. If it doesn't have a tracking number then it will take up to about two months, I thought my bag of water pistols were long lost until I turned up for something else and it suddenly appeared. I don't think they steal anything, the filing system is just a little chaotic.
Stuff definitely gets pinched, I never got 3 out of 4 of the first few small cheap things I ordered from China to test out the mail (before I got the PO box). After six weeks I had given up on the debit card but still thought "oh well maybe it'll randomly turn up in another month" but it never did.

The staff at the PO collection counter recognise me now. They once even grabbed an item for me and were bringing it out before I even told the number to anyone.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

EMS is part of an international postal union and runs alongside cambodia post. trackable and abt half the price of DHL, which is probably the most reliable- but may have some sub rosa side deals going with customs ( to notify them of items which they can arrange to require formal entry in order to make money from you ) to charge you for formal entry .
EMS will charge R2500 or so to phone you for pickup.
the SV post office was fantastic in all my dealings with them, and the GPO in PP, good as well, with or without a POB.
the phone number is crucial
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’ve just had an email to say the parcel has landed in Cambodia, and cleared customs. I’m assuming we will get a call from the post office tomorrow or Thursday. Not six days but still not bad!

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:55 pm I’ve just had an email to say the parcel has landed in Cambodia, and cleared customs. I’m assuming we will get a call from the post office tomorrow or Thursday. Not six days but still not bad!

Very cool. I expect the delay was from Australian customs. ;-)
Btw, did you notice that Roz said she got an "email" - not a phone call - this is true progress in the KOW postal system. :thumb:
Thanks Roz.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

email = cheaper, no translation problems.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic