Real Estate Agent at CL Realty in Phnom Penh Gets a Bad Review From an Expat

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Real Estate Agent at CL Realty in Phnom Penh Gets a Bad Review From an Expat

Post by General Mackevili »

From the Cambodia Scammers Facebook Page:

I can't speak for all the real estate agents who work for CL Realty but I can advise my fellow expats to avoid this guy like the plague. After 3 weeks of negotiations on an apartment we really liked, he cancelled the lease signing on the day we were supposed to sign causing massive inconvenience for both me, my wife, and my roommate. In addition to this he was totally disrespectful to my wife when she called to ask what his problem was with the lease. I can tell you that he does not have your best interests at heart, wants to rip you off for as much money as possible, is not willing to negotiate terms, and is a discredit to his fellow countrymen. 11 years coming to Cambodia and I have never had to deal with such a petty and arrogant local. DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY YOUR BUSINESS.

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Real Estate Agent at CL Realty in Phnom Penh Gets a Bad Review From an Expat

Post by bangkokhooker »

I see a defamation suit heading his way!
So he wants to buy a house for his "wife" and roommate so he can visit them because he has been coming to Cambodia for 10 years, assuming he does not live here permanently.

Cosy.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Real Estate Agent at CL Realty in Phnom Penh Gets a Bad Review From an Expat

Post by vladimir »

Agree, there is no such thing as a dodgy estate agent, banker, lawyer or accountant (ask GMJS440, he knows!)...but maybe don't ask the guy who killed 60 people in Las Vegas

This must be pure fabrication!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

In my experience, the majority of Real Estate Agents act in their own best interests.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

Is the apartment still available? :popcorn:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LaudJohn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm In my experience, the majority of Real Estate Agents act in their own best interests.
:?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Just me or does a University called "Build Bright" get the alarm bells ringing? Some interesting names here, naming an English school after a chocolate bar??
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The guy whinging about the real estate agent doesn't state any specifics of his issue with the guy except that he is "possibly a racist".

There is a Facebook user with the handle of "Gavin Mac" poking holes in his story, and a few satisfied white customers of the real estate guy vouching for him.

Seems a touch immature to stick him on a scammer site when nobody was scammed, just some sensitive flower gets his knickers in a twist.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic