More Chinese Takeover in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: More Chinese Takeover in Sihanoukville

Post by whatwat »

atst wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:05 pm Another shopping mall to avoid, same same everywhere .
True but they send to have Decathlon, Starbucks/Cafe Nero and other well known stores. Oh, and Burger King!
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Lots of boarded up shop spaces in the mall. But I can't get the images out of mind from all the videos showing a ghost city with filthy streets and empty buildings.

Good luck, Jamie, rebuilding Sville from your great memories of the past. :wink:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:31 am Lots of boarded up shop spaces in the mall. But I can't get the images out of mind from all the videos showing a ghost city with filthy streets and empty buildings.

Good luck, Jamie, rebuilding Sville from your great memories of the past. :wink:
the fact SHV now has a cinema is amazing hahaha when i lived there the only cinema was just a dingy room with a sofa and bean bags playing pirated dvds
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:31 am Lots of boarded up shop spaces in the mall. But I can't get the images out of mind from all the videos showing a ghost city with filthy streets and empty buildings.

the fact SHV now has a cinema is amazing hahaha when i lived there the only cinema was just a dingy room with a sofa and bean bags playing pirated dvds
Did you used to live here full time then Jamie, is that why you know EVERYONE?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:21 pm

i used to live 8 months of the year here and the other 4 months in England in the summer, for the past 8-9 years lost track now lol
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

@Jamie_Lambo i used to live 8 months of the year here and the other 4 months in England in the summer, for the past 8-9 years lost track now lol.

Hi Will you continue going to spend time in Snook? And what are the pros and cons of Snooky nowadays and prior 2015?
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:41 pm

i used to live 8 months of the year here and the other 4 months in England in the summer, for the past 8-9 years lost track now lol
Was you here 2020 or was you coronavirused out?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:15 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:41 pm

Was you here 2020 or was you coronavirused out?
Most of the past 2 years i was based in Thailand,
During 2020 i was still living in Thailand in January, then i started to float about,
End of Jan i flew to Philippines for a week to go check it out (never been)
i then flew to Cambodia beginning of Feb for GenMacs engagement (went to PP, Battambong and SHV)
i then flew back to Thailand cleared out my apartment and moved to the Philippines Feb/March but then all the lockdowns started,
i escaped Philippines a few days before they closed the airports,
flew back to England, where 2 weeks later was locked down there, and was stuck there for just over 7 months
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
During 2020 i was still living in Thailand in January, then i started to float about,
i then flew to Cambodia beginning of Feb for GenMacs engagement (went to PP, Battambong and SHV)
i then flew back to Thailand cleared out my apartment and moved to the Philippines Feb/March but then all the lockdowns started,
flew back to England, where 2 weeks later was locked down there, and was stuck there for just over 7 months
What kind of experience did you make in the Philippines?
work is for people who cant find truffles
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

truffledog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:20 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 am
What kind of experience did you make in the Philippines?
i was up in Angeles, actually quite enjoyed it there, cheap and chilled
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic