Wedding without gold?

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Wedding without gold?

Post by epidemiks »

Tell your fiance to tell his family that you are allergic to all metals, and can only wear plastic, and let them find a rental shop that offers plastic alternatives.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

you should find any number of rings made entirely of stone such as agate or jasper that are durable, inexpensive and attractive on ebay or etsy.

the in laws will probably think you are a witch if you cannot tolerate the sacred metal.
or they will think some other equally strange and unimaginable thing about it. then they will gossip about it and it will probably be in the Khmer Times: "Foreign Witch Burned in Kampong Trey. Police report heart attack"
it comes with the turf though.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Can you take that enormous image off your signature please?
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Post by Céline »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:41 pm you should find any number of rings made entirely of stone such as agate or jasper that are durable, inexpensive and attractive on ebay or etsy.

the in laws will probably think you are a witch if you cannot tolerate the sacred metal.
or they will think some other equally strange and unimaginable thing about it. then they will gossip about it and it will probably be in the Khmer Times: "Foreign Witch Burned in Kampong Trey. Police report heart attack"
it comes with the turf though.
Eh?? WTF?!
😂😅
I hope not..
🇰🇭💓
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Post by Céline »

bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 pm Can you take that enormous image off your signature please?
why? :(
It brings some color in here..
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Post by Céline »

epidemiks wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:39 pm Tell your fiance to tell his family that you are allergic to all metals, and can only wear plastic, and let them find a rental shop that offers plastic alternatives.
Ok, thats good. But i'm worried they dont understand. I'm allergic to nickl. Maybe its an allergy that prevents me from touching other metals. : o
I will ask my fiancé, what he thinks from your idea. Thanks!
🇰🇭💓
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Post by Céline »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:37 pm So many men would be wishing they could find a girl like you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why you think so? Because I don't wear jewlery?
😮
🇰🇭💓
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Céline wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:39 pm Tell your fiance to tell his family that you are allergic to all metals, and can only wear plastic, and let them find a rental shop that offers plastic alternatives.
Ok, thats good. But i'm worried they dont understand. I'm allergic to nickl. Maybe its an allergy that prevents me from touching other metals. : o
I will ask my fiancé, what he thinks from your idea. Thanks!
They'll think you're weird, but they think all foreigners are weird already, and eat strange foods and do throngs things.

If it's an allergy, they'll respect it. Just make sure you tell them you'll get very sick if you touch whatever metals you can't touch.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Céline wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 pm Can you take that enormous image off your signature please?
Why? Because it's damned annoying.
I've removed the BIG one, but left the two smaller ones.

:hattip:
Céline
Tourist
Germany

Post by Céline »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm
Céline wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:55 pm
Why? Because it's damned annoying.
I've removed the BIG one, but left the two smaller ones.

:hattip:
They were all the same size. Why do you remove my signature. its not that big. :(
🇰🇭💓
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic