Phnom Penh Authority plans to close all night clubs for future students

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phnom Penh Authority plans to close all night clubs for future students

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

His excellency Samdech HE, giving a speech in Phnom Penh Thmey commune Sok district on the morning of October 28, 2017, has decreed that in order to preserve the students from being distracted and not going to classes, all daytime night clubs will be closed in the daytime until further notice.

Kohsantepheapdaily
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Phnom Penh Authority plans to close all night clubs for future students

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Isn't a nightclub supposed to be open at, err, night? What's a dayclub and what happens in them? Will they ban students from coffee shops, I think that's where 98% of them spend their time, rather than dayclubs, whatever those are.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

I think he means KTVs.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Isn't a nightclub supposed to be open at, err, night? What's a dayclub and what happens in them? Will they ban students from coffee shops, I think that's where 98% of them spend their time, rather than dayclubs, whatever those are.
Have you ever seen that daytime nightclub in the basement parking at City Mall? The whole car park is vibrating from the bass. Curiosity finally got the best of me one afternoon, so I asked the doorman if I could have a peak in the club, and I stepped in and it looked like a full on rave party with a bunch of wasted teenage freshie boyz and girls.

City Mall had the best cinema before Aeon Mall opened up, and that underground car park was always full of drunk friends dragging other drunk friends out to hop on their pink Scoopies, at all hours of the day, and probably in the AM too.

I think they got this law backwards! They should ONLY let students in, as a reward for staying in school. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Phnom Penh Thmei, especially 1986 street, has got a crazy amount of KTV clubs. However I don't think many are open during the day.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:15 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Isn't a nightclub supposed to be open at, err, night? What's a dayclub and what happens in them? Will they ban students from coffee shops, I think that's where 98% of them spend their time, rather than dayclubs, whatever those are.
Have you ever seen that daytime nightclub in the basement parking at City Mall? The whole car park is vibrating from the bass. Curiosity finally got the best of me one afternoon, so I asked the doorman if I could have a peak in the club, and I stepped in and it looked like a full on rave party with a bunch of wasted teenage freshie boyz and girls.

City Mall had the best cinema before Aeon Mall opened up, and that underground car park was always full of drunk friends dragging other drunk friends out to hop on their pink Scoopies, at all hours of the day, and probably in the AM too.

I think they got this law backwards! They should ONLY let students in, as a reward for staying in school. :thumb:

I have seen that place, I was just going to the cinema in the evening and was blown away, it was like a full-on warehouse rave. I didn't realize it was open in the daytime.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've never seen it open during the daytime, but I haven't been there in well over a year. That place was definitely a playground for the freshy crew. I remember one evening the Gendarmerie were there and kicking ass. Chicks were crying and arrests all around.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I've never seen it open during the daytime, but I haven't been there in well over a year. That place was definitely a playground for the freshy crew. I remember one evening the Gendarmerie were there and kicking ass. Chicks were crying and arrests all around.
Haha, that was the scene half the time I parked there! Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:15 pm

There was one like that too at Pencil at the time. I don't know if it still there, haven't been to Pencil for years.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic