Phnom Penh or Siem Reap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh or Siem Reap

Post by SmartAston Martin »

[ In a mild Irish lilt. ]

Oh, please, tell us more!

Standard English is boring and flat ...
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

The cities are like night and day. Find sr very boring if ur not into temples or the lake and the trffic in high season is as bad as pp.

Pp is good for work, networking and making contacts and plenty of non tourist places to enjoy

As i dont need reply on work outside, Kep is my place of choice.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

MurphyIrish wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:47 am Poor Mikey Joe ,He's devastated about the sheep lol
Well, some bastard has is sheep and is on the lamb now
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
MurphyIrish
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by MurphyIrish »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 am The cities are like night and day. Find sr very boring if ur not into temples or the lake and the trffic in high season is as bad as pp.

Pp is good for work, networking and making contacts and plenty of non tourist places to enjoy

Does PP flood a lot tho ? :O id be into the quite and temples and stuff moving with mt gf so some peace and quite would be nice haha well on weekdays :beer3: :beer3:
it's nice to be nice!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

PP: only minor flooding, usually subsides with a couple of hours. We should (caveat) be getting to the end of rainy season in PP now...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Cool! Thirteen posts before someone addresses the OP's question.
:facepalm:
You could be next.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:46 am
MurphyIrish wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:47 am Poor Mikey Joe ,He's devastated about the sheep lol
Well, some bastard has is sheep and is on the lamb now
Sorry, what did you mean by "*on* the lamb?" :p

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

MurphyIrish wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:25 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 am The cities are like night and day. Find sr very boring if ur not into temples or the lake and the trffic in high season is as bad as pp.

Does PP flood a lot tho ? :O id be into the quite and temples and stuff moving with mt gf so some peace and quite would be nice haha well on weekdays :beer3: :beer3:
I enjoy the temples But what i hate is although khmers enter for free all non cambodians pay!!! No expat discount.
Pp floods as does other parts of the coumtry. But seldom more than a day
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Uh, to me, Khmers are still on the "endangered species list" when it comes to places of culture.

Also, it's their right to see their former greatness, and makes a lot of Khmer families happy.

People have thought of turning it into a nice theme park with just high-paying foreigners, like elsewhere ... Nah ...

But SR does have a new water park due to open up soon, if you want that.
Last edited by SmartAston Martin on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Phnom Penh is great, but I’m a city boy lived in Manhattan for a good portion of my life.

That being said Kep is my go to for escaping the city.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic