Kampot Tattooists Feud over Dick-Shaped Fish

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Tattooists Feud over Dick-Shaped Fish

Post by John Bingham »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:58 pm Kampot sounds like some parochial shithole where you are forever bothered by weirdos who know all your goings on. It was great living in London, no one gives a fuck if you die in the street, let alone care that you are a human with needs. Stand on the fucking right. Small town bullshit, this stuff. Can you not try and make it more cosmopolitan?
I couldn't agree more. I used to love Kampot when it was a bit more of a backwater. I spent my youth in London and loved the anonymity. I don't need any "valley of the squinting windows" nonsense, where people don't have enough of a life themselves so they spend all their time bitching about each other. Phnom Penh isn't very big as far as capitals go, but it is big enough that you don't have to associate with anyone you don't want to. I'm sure there are good things going on down there, but I'm not into small-town styles.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Tattooists Feud over Phallic Fish Folly

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Is it true, the more we love Paradise, the more we destroy it?

The first thing we do to Paradise, is change it.

Is that the human condition, or are we just messed up?

Who are washing up on our lovely southern shores?

Do we have to write a book for hipster behavior overseas?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Leo Martinez at Phnom Penh tattoo is the best artist I know of here. Check their fb page. Sometimes has some really cheap offers.
That pineapple looks like something only Trapper would be proud of!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Micmac
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Micmac »

^^ master piece

Can highly recommend pushkin tattoo studio in Snooky,he has amazing artistic skills.

He's Russian and his english isnt the best but his wifes english is excellent and she can translate for you, has very reasonable rates..
Flattery makes friends and truth makes enemies
L'Algerino
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by L'Algerino »

MurphyIrish wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 pm where is the best place in Cambodia to get tats ? :) I want a few :P
Siem reap has some good places like Ink lab, The Harbour and I can highly recommend Bong Pinthorng at Mr.Lys gym. Kid's got serious skills with the bamboo.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:33 am Image
That is one nasty zit!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Bwahahaha! That is funny. I kinda feel sorry for the kid. Suckered by newbie barang scrawlers!
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
MurphyIrish
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by MurphyIrish »

Any Recommendations to get a tattoo done in Siem Reap area ? :)
it's nice to be nice!
newtons3rd
Tourist
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by newtons3rd »

Hannah Marchetta is toxic. In my 70 years on the planet I’ve met some poisonous people but for depth of malice, for degree of callousness, for utter disregard for truth, for complete indifference to the damage done by lying; Hannah Marchetta is in a class of her own.
Those fine, upstanding citizens who run Kampot Noticeboard – who willfully assisted the MONSTER IN Kampot in spreading her toxicity – are utterly devoid of basic human decency. Honour, integrity, honesty, fairness, good of the community; if it’s expressions of these values that you seek, well you’ll not find them among the cult that run Kampot Noticeboard.
O.T.T.? Melodramatic? Sensationalism? Read on and see for yourself.
Below is a copy of a letter that I sent about a month ago to the five people who were listed as Admin to Kampot Noticeboard; Angus Whelan, Ecran Kampot, Neil Wilkes, Arnie Pepper, Derrick Dennis.

Hi, back in March, one night after I – James Kelly – had been banned from your site, a comment from Hannah Marchetta was posted in which she stated that I had been involved in abuse of a minor at Tantrei Guest House. I went to the police and they confirmed that she had never reported any abuse to them; something she was duty bound to do. One woman stayed with me in Tantrei and that woman is 44 years old; that could be verified in 5 minutes. Marchetta did not report abuse because that abuse never happened. I laid formal charges against her and that process continues.
I wrote and spoke directly to Angus Whelan and he could have had no doubt but that Marchetta was lying. I told him that I accepted that Kampot Noticeboard had no pre-post responsibility but the fact was that a number of people in Kampot now believed that I had abused a minor and that belief was based on information received from Kampot Noticeboard and that Kampot Noticeboard, consequently, had a responsibility to try to redress that. I asked him to simply give me the space on the Noticeboard to reply to Marchetta’s appalling accusation. He told me that “the group” had discussed that and had decided against it. He offered no explanation.
That decision was so obviously irresponsible and unjust and so lacking in simple human decency that I could not then and I do not now, understand how you could justify it to yourselves, let alone anyone else.
This is going to each person listed as admin. Is there one among you who would be honourable enough to explain that to me?
Thank you.
James Kelly

One month on; no response.
I wrote that mail in the firm belief that at least three of that five knew nothing about that decision. I can imagine Whelan and maybe one, equally prejudiced, other deluding themselves but that 5 adults would think such a gross injustice was OK , was really stretching the bounds of credibility.
Look at the disparity;
The night after I had been banned, this comment appeared on Kampot Noticeboard in a thread (a deluge of abuse) about me.

(note Marchetta’s response to the direct question; she took appropriate action. There is but one appropriate action if one becomes aware of abuse – or indeed if one simply suspects abuse – report it to the police. Marchetta never reported it to police; perhaps she would tell us now, what that appropriate action was.)
Knowing full well that Marchetta was lying, the Noticeboard did nothing to distance itself from the lie; no disclaimer, no discredit. (Has Marchetta been banned from the site?) Despite my being told by Whelan, 3 or 4 times over the next four days that he could not find the thread, my friend found it in about 3 minutes 6 days after posting.
These custodians of Kampot purity had facilitated the circulation of the most outrageous, lying accusation about me for about a week but would not give me the space to reply; pathetic.
Fairness is essential to justice; if it’s not fair it’s an injustice. Is there anybody – outside of the Noticeboard cult – who would say Kampot Noticeboard acted fairly?
Just to be clear; this is not about me as victim of Marchetta and Kampot Noticeboard; I’ve been their target, sure, but I have more moral fibre than the Noticeboard wimps and Marchetta combined and victimhood ain’t for me.
The issue here is what kind of community you want in Kampot. If you’re happy to live in a community where twisted people like Marchetta can publicly and maliciously accuse anybody they happen to disagree with, of any vile deed that pops into their deranged minds, if you’re happy to have community information filtered through prejudiced minds, whose sole consideration is their own cultish good; say nothing, do nothing.
If, however, you want a healthy community, a community where justice and common decency are valued, then act. A community enforces accountability through social and commercial interactions; you know where the rot lies; up to you.
Next Installment. Kampot Noticeboard; the Protection Racket and Marchetta’s power to transform a 44 year old woman- that she physically threw out of Tantrei -, into an underage, drug ravaged victim of an animal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic