The sad decline of Oum Kunthea, bright star of the 90's

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: The sad decline of Oum Kunthea, bright star of the 90's

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kuroneko wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm
lostjeremy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 pm A current star gave her a chance just 2 weeks ago to return to the limelight. She was featured singing on one of the TV concerts. Guess thats not gonna pan out.

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk
Anything to do with this? Will check it out tomorrow.

Whats happening here, Kuroneko ? A whip round (donations) for Oum Kunthea ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:21 pm Not 'better' photos, but more explicit.
ImageImage
Some of the news outlets mentioned drugs, and others said nothing, but I think the photos speak for themselves. There are also hints of a serious longterm incurable illness. Whatever the reason, very sad to see.
I just meant more close-up pictures. Thanks, I can see that she isn't well now.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm
lostjeremy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:30 pm A current star gave her a chance just 2 weeks ago to return to the limelight. She was featured singing on one of the TV concerts. Guess thats not gonna pan out.

She apparently has HIV/ AIDS and some charity donated money to her.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

She was a star in the wrong period. In the early 90s, even an Okna's house probably had a bucket shower. If she were a star now, she'd have a lavish lifestyle, a nice condo in her name and probably a small trust fund to boot. Instead she ended up with no money and HIV. Sad.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:16 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:34 pm

She apparently has HIV/ AIDS and some charity donated money to her.
Thanks Kuroneko. She definitely looks ill in the photos of her arrest. Not so much here in the video.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic