Barang Claims He is Beaten by Pontoon 'Monkeys'

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Re: Barang Claims He is Beaten by Pontoon 'Monkeys'

Post by shlomo »

When I first read the title to this thread, I thought Vladimir had finally gotten his comeuppance.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

No video available ? (Can't find a thing.Please post if you do. )

No worries.This one is 6 months old, but also shows a barang getting beaten up for being a dick at Pontoon. You probably won't even notice the difference. You've seen one drunk barang getting 'assaulted' outside Pontoon, you've seen them all. (Warning: This is 22 mn of your life.)

newsworthy/brit-gets-kicked-out-pontoon ... on%20fight
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

pass.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Sell tickets if you like to see drunk folks get tossed out. Ding ding!

Common occurrence.

The guards don't want to see an iota of resistance. Otherwise, they're pretty cool.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

anyone suggesting Vlad would frequent such a venue does not know him or his wife.
you would be as likely to find a Sperm whale in the Thames as Vlad in Pontoon.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 pm anyone suggesting Vlad would frequent such a venue does not know him or his wife.
Looks like Vlad visiting Pontoon might just be a possibility. :lol:

Whale spotted in central London

The animal was spotted as it passed the Houses of Parliament. A seven-tonne whale has made its way up the Thames to central London, where it is being watched by riverside crowds.

Sperm whales have been seen in the Thames Estuary and porpoises have feasted on fish near Vauxhall Bridge, in central London.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 631396.stm
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:34 pm anyone suggesting Vlad would frequent such a venue does not know him or his wife.
Clearly...I was making a cheeky allusion to Vlad's penchant for calling Khmer's behaving badly... "monkeys" OTOF.

(and no, I'm not going to footnote my post with cut-and-paste quotes from 440 of the multiple instances of racist badinage. If you're so inclined search for it yourself, it's all there.)
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Actually, we're all simians.

But some are more monkey than others!

Btw, that Vlad bit was truly funny. Touché!
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

The animal was spotted as it passed the Houses of Parliament. A seven-tonne whale has made its way up the Thames to central London, where it is being watched by riverside crowds.

got dammit!
where is the feline selfie with the alleged cetacean in the background.( no photoshop allowed )
ima ask The Donald if this is is fake news and get the treasonous publisher jailed.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i agree "monkeys" is completely unacceptable because too true of all humans with the heavily loaded genetic heritage- though great apes are not monkeys per se.
i favour some of the terms like ice or snow wogs for the scands- equally; rice wogs seems acceptable. these terms apply equally across races and imply a certain democratic equality.

coloured was formerly a better ID than black i think though. i know Khmer who say they are black when my sun exposed skin gives the lie to being "white" with a side by side comparison
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic