Sports bar in Tuol Kork

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
OasisBar
Tourist
Japan

Sports bar in Tuol Kork

Post by OasisBar »

We opened a new sports bar called OASIS Bar & Restaurant, located near the Tuol Kork market (1min due east, not
far from ANZ bank).
We've got four 42" TVs, western food (some Tex-Mex too) and Asian food, $1.25 Angkor draft ($0.75 between 4 and 8pm),
cocktails, spirits, coffee, etc. If you live/work around Tuol Kork area and are tired of going all the way to the riverside,
please come check us out! #42 St.614, Beoung Kok, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh. Call 096-654-8019

Visit our FB page
https://www.facebook.com/oasistoulkork
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Sports bar in Tuol Kork

Post by soup »

I think the magnetic force of .50 cent or 1 dollar (better) beers down by the riverside, combined with the odd attractive girl, or the odd person sitting next to you, might be too much for some to pass up.

In short, people won't give a buck and a quarter to sit in a deserted bar if they can get better and cheaper beer with more stimuli. Just sayin'. :hattip:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

soup wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:05 am I think the magnetic force of .50 cent or 1 dollar (better) beers ...
A '.50 cent' beer would be approximately 20 riel.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Oasis Bar, thank you for the notice. Ignore the soup ass. What a simpleton ass! Nice way to greet a new poster.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Well done Oasis. I've been crying out for someone to open a bar in Toul Kork for years. Good luck and I'll be popping for a beer or 3 very soon.

:beer:
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TRM »

Is it an air conditioned bar OP?
OasisBar
Tourist
Japan

Post by OasisBar »

> cambo swa and Garry.Crabtree, thank you very much for your encouraging comments!
> TRM, sorry we just have ceiling fans and stand fans now.

We may install a pool table for customers' entertainment very soon.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

If a westerner opens a bar in SE Asia for the benefit and enjoyment of westerners, tourist and expats. There is always someone pulling your work and good intentions to bits.
Hope your bar is a success. Likewise to any other bar owner in Cambodia. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
OasisBar
Tourist
Japan

Post by OasisBar »

> AndyKK
A comment like yours is so appreciated and helps us go forward and try harder for success. Thank you very much :D
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TRM »

OasisBar wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:24 pm > cambo swa and Garry.Crabtree, thank you very much for your encouraging comments!
> TRM, sorry we just have ceiling fans and stand fans now.

We may install a pool table for customers' entertainment very soon.
I came by with good intentions last week. I did not come in, as parking was limited and, although I have a driver, some of my friends did not. It is in a good location, but I would think that air-conditioning is a must, given the other options in TK nowadays and the table arrangements seemed more Khmer restaurant than Western Bar if I am honest. I would also lose the PVC banner above the frontage with your pictorial menu on it, as it reinforces the Khmer restaurant placement of your bar.

On the other hand, I am delighted that more and more businesses are setting up in TK with good intentions. I wish you all the best and may well pop back with just family at some time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic