10 year driver's license - language help please (Punchy?)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: 10 year driver's license - language help please (Punchy?)

Post by StroppyChops »

bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:03 pm For sure. (not quoting gets too big).
I know a lot of barang who are "married" with kids, property etc. I suppose they've got the ER visa and don't care.

They only stated stamping EB on visas last year. I'm sure my 2016/2015 "Business" visa doesn't say EB anywhere. How do they know?

600cc?
Yes but mine is a sports bike with 100bhp. Yours? 50bhp if your lucky!
I've also got a 400, 1200, and 250 two stroke!
The WP process now requires you to provide the stamp and visa for original date of entry. I believe losing your passport is now no longer as easy, either. The EB appears to be irrelevant, they're taking it from your date of entry for anything other than a tourist visa. A lady in my workplace arrived on 27 December some years ago, and was charged a full year's WP for that year, and all subsequent years.
Spoiler:
I think my 1999 XR650L has a little more than 50bhp, but I'm happy for you to have the better bike!

Edit: From memory I think it's about 65bhp, but I don't really geek out on bike specs. Enough to say this thing stands up unexpectedly, and the freshie boys always want to race when they catch up to me at the lights.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Lots of XRs here. I believe they (250cc) were the UNTAC bike of choice.

I had a BMW GS but was sick of the "nods" from fellow McGregor dicks. Sold it bought a TTR. Crap for commuting!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:32 pm Lots of XRs here. I believe they (250cc) were the UNTAC bike of choice.

I had a BMW GS but was sick of the "nods" from fellow McGregor dicks. Sold it bought a TTR. Crap for commuting!
Heh heh heh! You have to admit, the Charlie Boorman dummy spit at KTM was an all-time great though.

I've permanently damaged both shoulders with the assistance of the XR, Cambodian roads and Khmer drivers. Also not a great commute.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Did the document in the OP get identified yet? What is it?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm Did the document in the OP get identified yet? What is it?
Nope, not yet, but apparently required.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

The guy who showed me his real 10 year licence (previously I thought it was a myth. Same as this Sailorman chap) said the theory is in English but the translation is pretty crap.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Just got to the Ministry with someone. I had the whole process done in three hours or so. They've got people there that will take pictures for you and so on. The process for Khmers is likely different anyways. I don't recall needing to bring anything special.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:21 pm Just got to the Ministry with someone. I had the whole process done in three hours or so. They've got people there that will take pictures for you and so on. The process for Khmers is likely different anyways. I don't recall needing to bring anything special.
The 10 year license, how recent? What documents did you take...you do realise the whole process has changed in the past few days?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Wasn't aware. My bad.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm Wasn't aware. My bad.
Who the fuck rated his post positive (No offence)!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic