Cost of Desktop Printer..?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Brendianne
Tourist
Australia

Cost of Desktop Printer..?

Post by Brendianne »

Hey I'm moving to Cambodia long term and we need a printer for our business. Does anyone know what the cost of a basic black and white desktop printer is in Phnom Penh?

They are quite cheap in Aus and am wondering if I'm better off bringing one?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cost of Desktop Printer..?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

$30+ Depending on brand and quality, plenty of variety available here, no need to bring from Aus.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

REALLY $30?? the ink cartridges cost more than that LOL
Here in Thailand Paid $58 ( on sale) for a HP deskjet 2135 about 2 months ago. so might be a little more
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

I use an Epson with an external ink tank. Absolutely love it, I print at least 300 pages a month, most full colour and fill the tanks every 2 months or so for about $15 total. Been using it daily for 2 or 3 years I paid a bit less than this for mine http://vtech-computer.com/index.php?rou ... uct_id=505 but other options with a scanner etc. available
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

For a small cheap laser (B&W) printer you can get a Fuji Xerox P115w (with wifi) for $50 on Sihanouk near Olympic Stadium.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm REALLY $30?? the ink cartridges cost more than that LOL
Here in Thailand Paid $58 ( on sale) for a HP deskjet 2135 about 2 months ago. so might be a little more

Yes, there are printers available for $30, they're not top of the range obviously. About$50 will get you better quality, still basic, but with scanner also.

I spent Half a day shopping around for a printer recently, so many to choose from!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm REALLY $30?? the ink cartridges cost more than that LOL

Yes, there are printers available for $30, they're not top of the range obviously. About$50 will get you better quality, still basic, but with scanner also.

I spent Half a day shopping around for a printer recently, so many to choose from!
ahh ok print only. :thumb:
mine prints,scans, ( i use this as much as printing) copies and i added the external tanks from my old cannon
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

My HP Deskjet 1000 colour printer cost me $35. I think replacement cartridges are $10 black and white and $15 colour. A HP Lazerjet M12A is $96 Personally im not a fan of HP and would prefer Canon. A Canon image CLASS LBP6030 mono laser printer costs $134 which would probably be a better buy for a small office.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

My 2 cents: it's the cartridges! As you have learned the printer is nothing.

Have a Brother MFC-295CN all-in-one. Installed aftermarket external ink tanks and since then have bought one 3 dollar bottle of black ink in 3 years. The tanks are in Thailand. Haven't seen them here. :hattip:
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I've read that HP puts chips in their toner cartridges now so you can't use refills/copies any more, and are forced to buy their expensive ones. No thanks.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic