3 lost/stolen passports

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
brett.twyman
Tourist

Re: 3 lost/stolen passports

Post by brett.twyman »

In sihouckville
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Was there money with the passports ? Was it stolen too ?

I am just speculating, but it seems very unKhmer to steal passports and not money.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"I am just speculating, but it seems very unKhmer to steal passports and not money."

There is a big market for stolen passports in Thailand. Obviously the thieves would have to have preestablished connections for them to be of financial value.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Anyways! Good luck on retrieving them, or getting new ones sorted. I also would like to say I enjoyed reading your blog site.
Best of luck.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:49 pm "I am just speculating, but it seems very unKhmer to steal passports and not money."

There is a big market for stolen passports in Thailand. Obviously the thieves would have to have preestablished connections for them to be of financial value.
That's why I was thinking that it doesn't match up with a local petty thief randomly stealing from a tourist's handbag. You have to be quick, and unless they were commissioned, local crooks would go for the money, not passports or papers.

Passport stealing is organized crime. Plenty of criminal foreigners short of money hanging out in SHV.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

brett.twyman wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:44 pm Sorry for late reply been running about have not found them been giving out slips with name number and reward

Lost and mick and Craig’s guesthouse or in a foot massage parlour if they took from wife’s bag under table

In process of sorting etd leavening here tommrow for embassy anyone been in this situation before

I have asked police for report who weren’t bothered about finding it I have also been there since to ask if found
Otres beach

So moved to Otres Beach ,lost/stolen passports but that will be another post entirely .beach is lovely defiantly a weed smoker paradise and any other drug really but not seedy Atal there is a bar called last hippie standing that has a psy shop which sells a lot of stuff when I was talking to the South African bar tender he said they sold mdma,ketamine,cannabis ,hash ,lsd etc so they are pretty laid back here from what I have been told people get paid off not to come in and raid the place.
http://twymantravels.co.uk/kampot-sihan ... hnom-penh/

Mr Twyman,

Blogging about a South African bartender at the Last Hippie Standing bar at Otres Beach, Sihanoukville who sells MDMA, ketamine, cannabis, hash, LSD, etc. may make fascinating reading for people going about their mundane, daily lives in the UK, but personally I think that nothing good can come of it.

The said bartender from Last Hippie Standing bar could end up in the showers at Sihanoukville prison playing a game called First Man Bending Over.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

sometimes police can help
offer them a couple hundred reward if they find to motivate them
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

prahocalypse now wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 amThe said bartender from Last Hippie Standing bar could end up in the showers at Sihanoukville prison playing a game called First Man Bending Over.
Mr. Prahocalypse,

Maybe said bartender should just refrain from selling illegal drugs?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They've got their ETDs and are leaving Cambodia in a few days
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

taabarang wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:49 pm "I am just speculating, but it seems very unKhmer to steal passports and not money."

Surely you could say that about any country and any item?
"There's a big market for stolen Honda Civics in Ireland".

There was a huge bust in Thailand a while back but it doesn't make it the epicenter of stolen passports.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic