Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

I think this is a recent letter sent to all the Visa agents...

it reads...

Announcement for the Khmer visa

To start to put into practice from the 09th October 2017
we politely inform to all tourist companies in order to
let you know about extending the Khmer visa category EB as follows...

For visitor who extends for 1 month or 3 months,
the government have not adjusted the need to have documents
only ask the address and name the place of work

For visitor who extend for 1 year or 6 months
all of(including new or additional stay)
has adjusted the need to have documents to verify from the company who they work for to be exclusively accurate
(please to prove the document for verification should have the address of company too)

If the visitor arrives and does not yet have employment they can extend visa 6 months to category EG
if after this EG visa has finished and if the visitor does not yet have employment
that visitor should leave from Cambodia and after that to then return and take a new visa once more
but if the visitor has found employment instead they can extend it and change it into a category EB visa instead

able to obey together and come with documents to verify employment from company

Thank you
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: EB + EG Visa Updates - October 2017

Post by phuketrichard »

So. if u cant get a ER (retirement ) u just make border runs to Thailand once a year.,( do your shopping) no big deal;
...if after this EG visa has finished and if the visitor does not yet have employment
that visitor should leave from Cambodia and after that to then return and take a new visa once more
Never need a wp, never pay tax,no hassle :thumb: :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:23 am If the visitor arrives and does not yet have employment they can extend visa 6 months to category EG
PtSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:53 pm As per the latest visa sub-decree, the EG EOS is available for 12 mth extension of stay.
no
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 am Never need a wp, never pay tax,no hassle :thumb: :thumb:
Wow! Simple as that!

Sometimes, after reading the rose-tinted drivel that has oozed from your fingertips and onto the hallowed pages of ceo, I'm convinced of the fact that, as a baby, your pacifier was made of asbestos.

Let's make a deal. I'll follow your advice...and if it does indeed become a 'hassle' may I feel free to come 'round for a spot of tea and kick you in the jimmy?
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Does not look very official. Are there any seals or stamps not shown in that photo?
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

It doesn't look official and contradicts the P post article that was sourced from actual named person from the immigration dept.
It looks like a cheap print that any Khmer speaker writer could design.
Maybe it's by some disgruntled person, even a westerner to scaremong and stir shit :popcorn:
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Whoever wrote it needs a smack on the wrist as there are a few mistakes.
Echobeach
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Echobeach »

I have been following this page for months and thought i had figured out all the appropriate visa information i needed and suddenly all the rules change .

I have been considering a year in Cambodia to ascertain whether i could live in Cambodia permanently .

I have e.mailed the Consulate / visa office here in the UK ; I assume it is in London , but they process applications , and asked plenty of questions . A week later , no reply at all . Is that surprising ? . I suppose i would be applying for an E R retirement visa and asking permission to stay for a year but i need clarification . Age ? Proof of funds, proof of 'retirement' .

It seems the consulate in London doesn't know or understand what the position is either !
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Echobeach wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 pm I have been following this page for months and thought i had figured out all the appropriate visa information i needed and suddenly all the rules change .

I have been considering a year in Cambodia to ascertain whether i could live in Cambodia permanently .

I have e.mailed the Consulate / visa office here in the UK ; I assume it is in London , but they process applications , and asked plenty of questions . A week later , no reply at all . Is that surprising ? . I suppose i would be applying for an E R retirement visa and asking permission to stay for a year but i need clarification . Age ? Proof of funds, proof of 'retirement' .

It seems the consulate in London doesn't know or understand what the position is either !
At least in the UK, you are in a position to see a clear outcome hopefully at some time soon. And possibly apply for the visa with the correct paperwork there.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

" I suppose i would be applying for an E R retirement visa and asking permission to stay for a year but i need clarification . Age ? Proof of funds, proof of 'retirement' .
It seems the consulate in London doesn't know or understand what the position is either ! Echobeach"

The whole visa system seems to vacillate between moments of pure clarity with sudden changes followed by periods of obfuscation. I got my retirement visa on May of this year with only cash and a valid passport. Any extension no matter how much desired is subject to unpredictable bureaucratic whim. By the way was there any stipulation for a "guaranteed income?"
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic