Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by Barang chgout »

Brody wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 pm Small business license from mol is around $40.
What have I missed?
Everything.

http://ngeayngeay.co/business-registration/
Or.... maybe ask Andy KK. He has been doing the same for a while now. He was even kind enough to provide photos and details of the relevant certificates and process in one of these visa threads, maybe 6 months back.
Certainly, the guys in dealing with in Pursat from the ministry are currently sorting exactly this out for me, on their advice......
So , I repeat, what have I missed?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by AndyKK »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am
Brody wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 pm Small business license from mol is around $40.
What have I missed?
Everything.

Or.... maybe ask Andy KK. He has been doing the same for a while now. He was even kind enough to provide photos and details of the relevant certificates and process in one of these visa threads, maybe 6 months back.
Certainly, the guys in dealing with in Pursat from the ministry are currently sorting exactly this out for me, on their advice......

I have the impression they don't want us to work in our own little business. But members may correct me.
Yes, I have registered for business for two years now. (Paid moneys back also for years without WP). I don't know why but it seems to be getting more difficult to do what is asked. Last year we had a visit from the immigration and works and labour department. This is a yearly check of having your paperwork in order. I was given advise by them at the time. I just want to do everything to the book and stay within the legal bounders. It is possible but now with change or, and confusion from departments and visa agents. It just seems more confusing.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

In very few countries was any law ever written to be easily understood, that would safeguard the vulnerable.

Many laws are intentionally difficult to interpret...they are written by lawyers and their agent buddies, perhaps,who wish to maintain their position and income.

I would personally be surprised if this process were simple.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Sometimes the smaller things are the last to be picked up....?

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 am
Brody wrote:
What have I missed?
Everything.

Please let us know your experience and outcomes. All the best Andy KK. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Will do. Should know more very soon and my eos runs out in early may.
Ritty says should all be good.

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:07 am
StroppyChops wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:58 pm Be aware that freelancers will be required to register a business to get the WP.
Lets try and not muddy the waters with conjecture and/or hearsay.

And when you make a "Be aware" statement, try and provide a source.
Oh, okay. Or you could pull your head in.

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 am
What have I missed?
Everything.

Mm. Here's YOUR source:

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:36 pm I went to Lucky Lucky a few weeks ago and was told the same thing... EB based on marriage is no longer available. Ended up having to get a 6 month EG.
Had you ever gotten one previously through Lucky Lucky?

The only cases I've heard of being successful getting an EB EOS based on marriage did so directly from the DoI with marriage cert and sprog birth certificates and another through 'Call Kim' with the same supporting documents.

Maybe it's still possible directly through the DoI.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Brody wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:36 pm I went to Lucky Lucky a few weeks ago and was told the same thing... EB based on marriage is no longer available. Ended up having to get a 6 month EG.
Had you ever gotten one previously through Lucky Lucky?

The only cases I've heard of being successful getting an EB EOS based on marriage did so directly from the DoI with marriage cert and sprog birth certificates and another through 'Call Kim' with the same supporting documents.

Maybe it's still possible directly through the DoI.
No, before I was working so had a WP and visa based on that.

I guess it could still be possible, but as typical for a kiwi, I left everything until the last minute and didn’t have enough time to shop around.

I’ll see what the situation is like after the elections and make sure I leave enough time to go out to DoI and do it myself next time and see what happens.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:35 pmI’ll see what the situation is like after the elections and make sure I leave enough time to go out to DoI and do it myself next time and see what happens.
I know this has been asked and answered previously, but have you had success with EOS going directly to DoI? We're up at the end of May and hoping to do the same.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic