Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by cptrelentless »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm 2. Who told him he has to report to immigration every month? Sounds like a load of shit.
I would be inclined not to bother and see where that takes you. Sometimes people say things just because they have no clue how it works themselves. The govt is not very good at disseminating information, they seem to operate on the arab system of one guy sitting on the info so that he gets the baksheesh.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm 1. There is no longer an Employment Book (If that's what you meant?), only a WP. Volunteering and WPs are still a grey area.

2. Who told him he has to report to immigration every month? Sounds like a load of shit.
From this post................

No foreigner can work without an employment card and a work permit issued by the Labour Ministry, it said.

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50109633/of ... documents/

Has for 2. I did not ask :popcorn:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm 2. Who told him he has to report to immigration every month? Sounds like a load of shit.
I would be inclined not to bother and see where that takes you. Sometimes people say things just because they have no clue how it works themselves. The govt is not very good at disseminating information, they seem to operate on the arab system of one guy sitting on the info so that he gets the baksheesh.
I wouldn't go mentioning the Arab spring on here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Has any members, or know of people whom have been refused a ER visa, between the age of 55 to 60?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

I know someone who got an ER at 53. Just wrote a letter saying he had regular funds.
RickOrMorty
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by RickOrMorty »

how long does the visa conversion application take? i have way too many single entries for Cambodia for 1-10 day trips for either work trips, visa trips or visiting my gf's family, so a multi entry that would last the year would make it easier even if i am in Thailand most of the time. i arrive tomorrow for a week (probably not long enough) and then Thai Songkran for another 4-5 days.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

RickorMorty...You should allow up to 10 days for an EOS to be processed, although 3-5 days is standard.

You can fast track it for a fee though, $100 extra for same day turn around, about $75 for next day.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

RickOrMorty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:44 am how long does the visa conversion application take? i have way too many single entries for Cambodia for 1-10 day trips for either work trips, visa trips or visiting my gf's family, so a multi entry that would last the year would make it easier even if i am in Thailand most of the time. i arrive tomorrow for a week (probably not long enough) and then Thai Songkran for another 4-5 days.
Assuming you are over 55, get the ordinary (not tourist) visa at the airport/border, go to an agent asap for the ER EOS and (as said) pay the extra fee for the quick turnaround. Mine only took four working days without paying extra so if you don't have a flight booked and can be a little bit flexible on your return date, you could trust to luck and avoid the expediting fee.

Khmer New Year takes place on roughly the same dates as Songkran so don't expect any quick turnaround at that time, paid for or not.

EDIT - of course if you are working in Cambodia the ER may not be appropriate, but then again nor is the tourist visa.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:57 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm Batshit....I am looking for first hand experience of someone who has actually obtained an EG EOS who has previous E-type EOSs in their pp, I am yet to get confirmation that the DoI are actually doing this now, because i know for a fact that up until 2 weeks ago the DoI were not issuing EG to people who had previous E-type EOSs in their passports. I'm not saying that the situation hasn't changed (I hope it has), but I've not heard any first hand accounts, only what agents are claiming...and we know how reliable they can be, haha!

Shit, it wasn't that long ago lucky were telling people they had to be 70 to get an ER, and they are still saying that its not possible to get an EB EOS for people based on their legal Cambodian marriage, which it is, fact.
OK I'm up for it. I was going to wait until I go to India next month, get an E on return and try to apply for EG after that, but - just for you - I'll try and change my existing 3 month to EG next week (will try at Khmer Views, and failing that, Lucky Lucky) and report back. Besides, it'll save me having to queue up and apply for E at the airport on my return, if it works out.

I'll give you a definitive, first hand answer in the next week to 10 days.

Just to update this with some recent first hand info.

I just received a 6 month EG-EOS via Lucky Lucky, despite the fact that I have many previous EB-EOSs in my passport already.

They told me that there was no 12 month EG-EOS option.

Lucky Lucky had me sign a declaration stating that I was requesting this EG-EOS in order to 'look for a new job'.

I turned in my passport with just under a month left on my last EB-EOS and I did not have any days shaved off of the EG-EOS.

Kudos to PSD-Kiwi for providing timely and accurate information and keeping it free from cluttered supposition and conjecture.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Hey Brody, thanks for sharing your update, that is great news indeed...first hand account is what we needed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic