Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
darayd
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by darayd »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm End of March deadline is for renewing WPs, You can still apply at any time of the year
Okay great, I can't imagine they would be a block on new WP as all foreign recruitment would come to halt pretty quick...though who knows!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by John Bingham »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:09 pm End of March deadline is for renewing WPs, You can still apply at any time of the year

That makes more sense. They are pretty slow on the delivery front, the first WP I got a few years back was applied for in January and only turned up in October or something. The next ones were a bit quicker.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:10 pm

That makes more sense. They are pretty slow on the delivery front, the first WP I got a few years back was applied for in January and only turned up in October or something. The next ones were a bit quicker.
Yep. Mine was applied in may and arrived in November. I think they might be a bit quicker now
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer1: Got my retirement visa today well happy,3rd time of trying.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PIEMAN wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 am :beer1: Got my retirement visa today well happy,3rd time of trying.
You'd better stop selling pies in the hostess bars now then, or else you'll end up on the front page of the news after being re-educated by the Immigration Police just like that dude selling oranges.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so ur gaming the system? and than bragging about it.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I got my ER today from A2Z Travel after a 3 working day wait and 23 days in advance of expiry of the old one. Great service but don't ask them for an ER if you are 55-59 as the guy they deal with thinks 60 is the relevant age for ER.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Two items here questionable on two types of visa.
One, if you were to do voluntary work and had a EB visa and a work permit, would you still need to have a Employment Card?
Two, a friend of mine went to a repeatable visa agent in PP for a ER visa and was refused. So he obtained one from another agent. He is 57 years old. He got the ER visa on the condition that he visits, and reports to the immigration every month taking two photo copies of his passport.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 pm Two items here questionable on two types of visa.
One, if you were to do voluntary work and had a EB visa and a work permit, would you still need to have a Employment Card?
Two, a friend of mine went to a repeatable visa agent in PP for a ER visa and was refused. So he obtained one from another agent. He is 57 years old. He got the ER visa on the condition that he visits, and reports to the immigration every month taking two photo copies of his passport.
strange that you would admit to knowing these dodgy characters
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

1. There is no longer an Employment Book (If that's what you meant?), only a WP. Volunteering and WPs are still a grey area.

2. Who told him he has to report to immigration every month? Sounds like a load of shit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic