Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by offroadscholar »

pczz wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm Even immigration don't seem to know. My friend went there yesterday to ask if he could get a retirement visa because he is medically unfit to work and under 30.
The officer in the building told him there was no age limit on retirement visa so long as you have the necessary income. he then checked with a visa agent who said that there is an age limit for retirement, but that if you are in receipt of a disability pension conformed by your embassy, and have the required income then you can get a retirement visa at any age. This is no help for UK citizens because we cannot claim a disability pension, just disability benefits which the agent said probably would not work as they would need to be in receipt of a confirmed pension. If your country allows you to retire early and take your pension early this might be useful for some people
Question then is what is the required income. No set amount as of yet, or a minimum amount similar to Thailand which is Bt60k - US$2k/mth ?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cambodia Visa Updates For Expats & Tourists 2018 (Visa On Arrival, Extensions, Retirement Visas, 3/6/12 Months)

Post by pczz »

offroadscholar wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:23 pm
pczz wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:11 pm Even immigration don't seem to know. My friend went there yesterday to ask if he could get a retirement visa because he is medically unfit to work and under 30.
The officer in the building told him there was no age limit on retirement visa so long as you have the necessary income. he then checked with a visa agent who said that there is an age limit for retirement, but that if you are in receipt of a disability pension conformed by your embassy, and have the required income then you can get a retirement visa at any age. This is no help for UK citizens because we cannot claim a disability pension, just disability benefits which the agent said probably would not work as they would need to be in receipt of a confirmed pension. If your country allows you to retire early and take your pension early this might be useful for some people
Question then is what is the required income. No set amount as of yet, or a minimum similar to Thailand which is Bt60k - US$2k/mth ?
Cannot answer that one. When I got mine they didn't ask for any proof of anything
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

that genius wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:01 pm They don't care, if you come a bit early, they will take your money.
I went to Lucky Lucky. She was a bit reticent, asking me to come back on the 27th - or 25th - to make it 30 days... so I said the magic words "Is it ok if I pay you now...?" and ofc she said yes, but "they might take some days off the end". All things considered that's a good result, because I would not have been able to reenter on my EB because it is a SE and I would have lost nearly two weeks of it anyway. Three if you include the time I'm out of the country.

Cost $165.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:28 pm
that genius wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:01 pm They don't care, if you come a bit early, they will take your money.
I went to Lucky Lucky. She was a bit reticent, asking me to come back on the 27th - or 25th - to make it 30 days... so I said the magic words "Is it ok if I pay you now...?" and ofc she said yes, but "they might take some days off the end". All things considered that's a good result, because I would not have been able to reenter on my EB because it is a SE and I would have lost nearly two weeks of it anyway. Three if you include the time I'm out of the country.

Cost $165.
How many EBs did you have in your passport Timmy?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

cautious colin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:08 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Cost $165.
How many EBs did you have in your passport Timmy?
Three. A 6mo, a 12mo, and a 3mo.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
(┛◉Д◉)┛
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by (┛◉Д◉)┛ »

Khmerican wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am
(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm was told immigration wont even look at them until 10 days before expiry of current visa
You've been told wrong

yes mine is similar, being stamped a couple of days before the supposed 10 day no look.
was told to me by an agent when my passport didnt show after the week they said it would take, still took just over two weeks before i got the passport back in my hot little mits.
but does make sense for immigration to do expiring visa in preference to not soon expiring visa, guess it depends on how much backlog they have too

anyhow if it was me and i needed the passport like timmy does i wouldnt be risking it
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:18 pm
Khmerican wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am
(┛◉Д◉)┛ wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm was told immigration wont even look at them until 10 days before expiry of current visa
You've been told wrong

yes mine is similar, being stamped a couple of days before the supposed 10 day no look.
was told to me by an agent when my passport didnt show after the week they said it would take, still took just over two weeks before i got the passport back in my hot little mits.
but does make sense for immigration to do expiring visa in preference to not soon expiring visa, guess it depends on how much backlog they have too

anyhow if it was me and i needed the passport like timmy does i wouldnt be risking it
yeah i usually get mine extended within the first 2 weeks of arriving...
this one got stamped 15 days in so the agent would have taken my passport around 10-13 days after getting my visa
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Question then is what is the required income. No set amount as of yet, or a minimum amount similar to Thailand which is Bt60k - US$2k/mth ?
its 65,000 baht/month or 800,000 in the bank OR a combination of the 2
AFAIK, Cambodia had not ( yet) set a min amount. AM sure they will... :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 am
its 65,000 baht/month or 800,000 in the bank OR a combination of the 2
AFAIK, Cambodia had not ( yet) set a min amount. AM sure they will... :beer3:
Probably a similar amount. Wasnt it around $2-2.5k/mth income for foreigners ( older ones ? ) to marry Cambodians ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Offroadscholar...way off topic, but just to clarify, minimum monthly income of USD$2500 for a foreign male to be eligible to marry a Cambodian woman, must be under 50.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic