Interested in Ruby's and Myanamar

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Interested in Ruby's and Myanamar

Post by bangkokhooker »

I'm non political.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:01 pm Dildos now comes to mind! Are they legal here in Cambo? In Thailand apparently they are not.
Yes, adult sexual aids/toys are illegal to import and sell in Cambodia.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:22 pm
siliconlife wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:05 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:54 pm
siliconlife wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:30 am There is a reason imported ruby's from Myanmar are banned in many countries including the USA.
But well done for helping to finance the corrupt Government.
But it's all good importing stuff from China? Bogus politics.
Gems to plastic toys. Brilliant. :facepalm:
That simple, huh? What about human resources? Ecological devastation? The corruption you mentioned? Organ harvesting? Cultural decimation of minorities? The list goes on and on and on... It's not about what you trade, it's about how you do it, and the only reason China gets away with it is because it's so economically powerful and too many people are making money off of them. Myanmar on the other hand is no worse than China, but is the scapegoat for so-called human rights defenders to point their fingers at and pat themselves on the back for caring.
You fail to grasp the fact that I was simply stating that gems from Myanmar are banned in response to a thread started by someone who gained financially from them and if not then he was starting a thread about it as if it was some amazing industry. I do not care what they are other people do or do not do to their subjects.

If someone starts a thread about Bitcoins you don't say "Yeah, but what about slave labour in India!".
HUH""" ??First:
i Mined gems in THAILAND..... Did ANYONE making comments watch the video?? :please:

look guys this is a great video about mining gems in Myanmar, it is NOT about the politics of mining or who makes $$ off of the gems in the country
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

Burn him!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Gemstones are amazing. Tanzania has had it's fair share of problems, Tanzanite comes to mind! Locally I have managed to sell around four stones. I have a small handful of rough stones left, also small Opal rough and many numerous cut gem stones. If anyone is interested in buying. :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:55 pm
HUH""" ??First:
i Mined gems in THAILAND..... Did ANYONE making comments watch the video?? :please:

look guys this is a great video about mining gems in Myanmar, it is NOT about the politics of mining or who makes $$ off of the gems in the country
Yeah, I was gonna point that out, but decided to jump on the nature of hooker's comment as a thing in itself. Argumentative fucker, I am, excuse me.

Very interesting video indeed, although it's always going to be hard to disentangle the politics there, especially on a places like forums.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:01 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:54 pm
siliconlife wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:52 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:30 am There is a reason imported ruby's from Myanmar are banned in many countries including the USA.
But well done for helping to finance the corrupt Government.
But it's all good importing stuff from China? Bogus politics.
Gems to plastic toys. Brilliant. :facepalm:
Haha...Japan started the same way. Dildos now comes to mind! Are they legal here in Cambo? In Thailand apparently they are not.
Rubies to dildos... 8-).. Let me think about the connection :Search: :no:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic