Teachers Wanted: No Negroes, Indians, Mongoloids Need Apply

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Teachers Wanted: No Negroes, Indians, Mongoloids Need Apply

Post by prahocalypse now »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:55 am
The school knows the parents want, a white skin native speaker teaching their kids
Yes, but in this case it's an NGO/charity providing a 'social service'. I would guess that the parents aren't paying.

Beggars can't be choosers.
littlelostgirl
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by littlelostgirl »

Hate on me all you want. I try to be neutral. I've already accepted the world is crap
I'm Asian, and a girl, I've received enough sexual harassment, racists, sexists comments in my life
It's become normal, why, cause you can't stop all of them

"Would you date him? He's old but he's very rich, he likes you"
"It's easy to get an Asian girlfriend, 80/100 Asian women would say yes if I asked them out"

Everyday, there's always some new sexist comment to laugh about, but I didn't give a damn
There are also some posts where it says, No FILIPINO teachers. Would that affect you?
Didn't think I'm not affected by this post? They call my skin color yellow.
A lot of the schools in Cambodia are already doing that. They want white teachers.
No need to make things worst than how it already is.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i guess everyone has heard the regional proverb about what to do if you meet a snake and a black man in the forest.
they say to kill the black man first.
racism is overt and entrenched in the region since the Indians came thousands of years ago.
not my opinion, but my opinion will change nothing
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Actually, it is a well-known scientific fact that albinos make the best language teachers.

if they want white people, that's their prerogative.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

our world is badly fucked up.
southeast asia leads the pack.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"cambodia is not usa.
what "should be" is not the same as what "is""

Concerning the first sentence in above quote, I thank you for the political, geographical and cutural revelation.

Concerning the second sentence from above quote I have noticed that it is especially true under the Trump administration
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

littlelostgirl wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 am Hate on me all you want. I try to be neutral. I've already accepted the world is crap
I'm Asian, and a girl, I've received enough sexual harassment, racists, sexists comments in my life
It's become normal, why, cause you can't stop all of them

"Would you date him? He's old but he's very rich, he likes you"
"It's easy to get an Asian girlfriend, 80/100 Asian women would say yes if I asked them out"

Everyday, there's always some new sexist comment to laugh about, but I didn't give a damn
There are also some posts where it says, No FILIPINO teachers. Would that affect you?
Didn't think I'm not affected by this post? They call my skin color yellow.
A lot of the schools in Cambodia are already doing that. They want white teachers.
No need to make things worst than how it already is.
MY daughter had a Filipino teacher ( she went to a Montessori school year 2). After having so many problem with the teaches mis-pronunciation of English words, i pulled her out
Although many Filipinos speak English, its not always correct.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:31 am i guess everyone has heard the regional proverb about what to do if you meet a snake and a black man in the forest.
they say to kill the black man first.
racism is overt and entrenched in the region since the Indians came thousands of years ago.
not my opinion, but my opinion will change nothing
Thais have changed this to read , "if u meet a snake or an Indian...." :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
littlelostgirl
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by littlelostgirl »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 am
MY daughter had a Filipino teacher ( she went to a Montessori school year 2). After having so many problem with the teaches mis-pronunciation of English words, i pulled her out
Although many Filipinos speak English, its not always correct.
Who should be blamed? The Filipinos or the school that hired that person?
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I'm Asian, and a girl, I've received enough sexual harassment, racists, sexist comments in my life
Actually, it's sexist to call a woman a 'girl'.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic