homeless in london

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

homeless in london

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/photos/she ... 145902330/

And we have homeless people in london, and people who work and pay taxes but live in damp, crowded houses. This is a fucking terrible state of affairs and in the future people will be amazed that we allowed this :evil:

charlie
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: homeless in london

Post by cptrelentless »

Didn't the fuggin Gyppo build his mausoleum on the roof of Harrods? What happened with that?
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

If the same rich chap from the Gulf had bought a derelict croft in the Hebrides and announced his desire to keep a rare breed of sheep,
nobody would complain or feel somehow cheated or dismayed.

A willing seller - or two - sold two properties in London to a willing buyer. That's all there is to it.

Foreigners can buy any property they wish (and can afford) in Britain or the U.S.A. - but not in Cambodia or Thailand.

Discuss and give examples.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

boozyoldman wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 am
A willing seller - or two - sold two properties in London to a willing buyer. That's all there is to it.
A seller or two? :roll:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/london-ma ... ers-2015-9
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

How dare someone be rich!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

There are no homeless on the moors of a scottish island. We have a housing crisis in london. Russian criminals, african warlords, oil shieks, anyone who has managed to steal the tax money from impoverished third world nations are flocking to london.
London is up for sale to those with the biggest pockets, the people that work, that keep the city running, that pay taxes are told to fuck off. Nurses, fireman, cleaners, coppers, teachers, bus drivers, anyone who is not rich. Houses and flats are sold to rich chinese who will never even live here, maybe never even visit, who have never even seen them. They just use them to park their money.
London is where people come to launder money, no questions asked. If we just sit back and allow it go on i fear for the future.
A city where the uber rich congregate, and everybody else serves them, like slaves.
And yes in reply to all you lot screaming "commie" "anarchist" i am on the extreme left of politics, but now i am in my 60s i have given up. We Londoners have no choice about what happens to the city, who lives here, who contributes, what sort of society we want, these decisions are made by a small cabal of people.
So Barangs are not allowed to buy property in KOW? i wonder what would happen if that changed tomorrow? Anybody with the money no matter where that money came from could buy property. Would there be a flow of people buying up everything that dosen,t move? would most of you be priced out?
I have no solution to what is happening in the UK but things need to change and i don,t think a voting booth is the answer. =@
rant over

charlie
Last edited by tightenupvolume1 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

charlie
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

boozyoldman wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 am If the same rich chap from the Gulf had bought a derelict croft in the Hebrides and announced his desire to keep a rare breed of sheep,
nobody would complain or feel somehow cheated or dismayed.

Foreigners can buy any property they wish (and can afford) in Britain or the U.S.A. - but not in Cambodia or Thailand.

Discuss and give examples.
And you think that's fair? That foreigners can just go to the US or GB and gobble up real estate while we can't buy shit when we go to their countries? You have your views and I have mine, but I hate double standards because it fosters resentment.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

its not so much that we can,t buy in their countries,we can,t even buy in London! how can a hard working person compete with millionare criminals.oil shieks, russian mafia and all the other cunts buying up my country, my city :evil:

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic