25 Sep 17 - Latest on Work Permits

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: 25 Sep 17 - Latest on Work Permits

Post by epidemiks »

bangkokhooker wrote:
AndyKK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 am
bangkokhooker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 am Aren't forgieners abliged to have access to their passpoet/visa at all times?
I'd certainly not travel too far without it. Especially to the wifes province as the local cops often want a copy and some tea money.

I've heard barang can get a 10 year licence or is only Chinese? Must say I've never met or heard anyone with one in all my years in KOW.
Personally I have never come across a problem with police in the provinces (sticks). Anyone else had this kind of shit paying tea monies?
But surely not worth the risk?
I never travel in Cambodia with my passport. Never had any issues in the wife's village, or anywhere else in Cambodia for that matter. I do keep a photos of the face page and current visa in my phone, but never once been asked for it.
In guesthouses and hotels I use my licence.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bangkokhooker wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 am Aren't forgieners abliged to have access to their passpoet/visa at all times?
I'd certainly not travel too far without it. Especially to the wifes province as the local cops often want a copy and some tea money.

I've heard barang can get a 10 year licence or is only Chinese? Must say I've never met or heard anyone with one in all my years in KOW.
i know some people with the 10year, you have to do an actual test to get it though

once when i went to my friends village in Kampong Cham during the new year few years ago,
i had to go visit the village chief down the "police station" (it was just a concrete base in a field with a table and plastic chair lol)
he took some pictures of my passport explaining he only needed it in case anything was to happen to me,
no tea money needed though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:15 am
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:09 pm Agencies have not been able to process DL's for the past couple months, and all WP applications must be submitted via the online portal since it went into effect last year, most agencies haven't been able to process WPs for quite some time.
Yes exactly, my DL renewal was caught up by LL for the past couple of months.

LL were telling me outright that they were processing WPs prior to Pchum Ben, and very keen to take my cash. Surely, they weren't being dishonest? ;)

Edit: Will somebody PLEASE fix these stupid icons? Wink code has been universal since forever, why is it different here?
LL provided me with a new driving license (after the old one was stolen) for a ridiculous rate, but they managed (they complained to me about the hoops they had to jump through to get it done), the license was dated 27-07-2017 so the past 'couple of months' must be taken literally - 2 months or less.
Yes, literally.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
littlelostgirl
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by littlelostgirl »

My wallet got stolen, including my driving license from my home country.. Without it, what should I do? or what would they make me do?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Ronny; where did ur incorrect post go :beer1:
sorry am right , not wrong :plus1:

The Department of Land Transport (DLT) said a new driving license is being produced that can be used in the ten ASEAN nations.

Drivers with the new license will be able to drive their cars in ASEAN member states, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia.
http://www.aseanthai.net/english/ewt_ne ... name=index

and it works fine in the states an France when i was there.

there is NO international drives license only a IDP which is ONLY valid with your country license and no need at all as the thai license is in english and all an idp is,is a translation of your license.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

littlelostgirl wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:48 pm My wallet got stolen, including my driving license from my home country.. Without it, what should I do? or what would they make me do?

Not to be nosy, but how did you get your wallet stolen?
littlelostgirl
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by littlelostgirl »

Ronny wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 pm Not to be nosy, but how did you get your wallet stolen?
here :assasin: :assasin:
post195084.html#p195084
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

littlelostgirl wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:48 pm My wallet got stolen, including my driving license from my home country.. Without it, what should I do? or what would they make me do?
Bring more cash. You can probably find a copy of your license in their system, but....
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

QQ -

As a first time visitor I was hoping to get a year multi entry, is this still possible? I am not coming over to a job however I might look for one when out there. Any information would be superb!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 pm QQ -

As a first time visitor I was hoping to get a year multi entry, is this still possible? I am not coming over to a job however I might look for one when out there. Any information would be superb!
Plenty of threads covering this topic, but to answer your question, yes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic