Expat Marketing Manager Required

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Expat Marketing Manager Required

Post by TRM »

Large, well-established foreign-owned resort looking for expat or experienced Khmer marketing manager.

Decent salary, additional commission and based in Phnom Penh office.

Ideally looking for someone who has the get up and go to visit Travel Agents office in PP and SR and talk the same old stuff month in month out without getting jaded.

Also looking for 1-2 marketing assistants (Khmer nationals, English-speaking) to complete our team.

Contact the GM, Piseth, in the first instance on 015885115 / 012885115.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Expat Marketing Manager Required

Post by phuketrichard »

curious;
what do you consider a decent salary for being based in PP?

fyi ; i worked as a marketing manager for a travel magazine part time based in pp back in 2008.
$1,200 ++
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TRM »

Yes, $1200 as basic income. At average occupancy, commission would lift that to $2000+ and high season would see months of $3000+.

Personally, nowhere near what I could live on, but I think a decent wage for a position that essentially rewards hard work rather than a masters degree and based in a relatively low cost economy.

What do you think, since you are curious? You think that the amount is derisory?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

TRM wrote: Personally, nowhere near what I could live on, but I think a decent wage for a position that essentially rewards hard work rather than a masters degree and based in a relatively low cost economy.
Wait, you're basically saying that you're overpaid? Is it just me, or is it not bad form to advertise a job, then say you would never be able to live off the salary you're offering...

For the record, it sounds like a decent salary if it really is fairly easy to get leads.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Here's a freebie:
Pushing to travel agents in Cambodia is NOT the way to market your resort, Pushing to agents OUTSIDE Cambodia is a better idea

Like i said, i was making $1,200 for part time marketing 9 years ago
so figure i'd be interested for full time at $3,000++
PM me if ur willing to talk
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TRM »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 pm
TRM wrote: Personally, nowhere near what I could live on, but I think a decent wage for a position that essentially rewards hard work rather than a masters degree and based in a relatively low cost economy.
Wait, you're basically saying that you're overpaid? Is it just me, or is it not bad form to advertise a job, then say you would never be able to live off the salary you're offering...

For the record, it sounds like a decent salary if it really is fairly easy to get leads.
I have worked long and hard to have a good income and build up assets. I don't see that that is relevant to the issue of advertising a position at a resort I own. I responded to a post that enquired as to whether the wage offered was decent or not. I replied in an honest way that, effectively I would let others be the judge of that, that I considered it decent given the location and qualifications and skills required, but I personally would not be able to live on it, given my lifestyle, family commitments and other factors. I did not think it bad form, but apologise if I have offended you.

In fact, I wish I had not bothered commenting if it just causes bad feeling amongst the readership here.
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TRM »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm Here's a freebie:
Pushing to travel agents in Cambodia is NOT the way to market your resort, Pushing to agents OUTSIDE Cambodia is a better idea

Like i said, i was making $1,200 for part time marketing 9 years ago
so figure i'd be interested for full time at $3,000++
PM me if ur willing to talk
Thank you for your comments. I believe that there are a couple of hundred travel agents outside of Cambodia that the resort is contracted with. It is not cost effective to personally visit them all around the world, so communication tends to be email based so I understand.

As I stated in the opening post, this is a matter that the General Manager of the resort is dealing with. It would be somewhat improper for me override him or somehow subvert the process, so I will leave it for candidates to make contact with him as requested.
TRM
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TRM »

To add to the vacancies for upcoming high season:

Night Manager
F&B Service (x7)
Accounting (x2)

Again, all enquiries to GM, details in OP. Khmer only candidates. English language a must. Salaries according to experience, all include free accommodation and meals via the staff canteen.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Would it count against me if I were to be found blind drunk and screaming obscenities beside a partially submerged Toyota in the Tatai river the day before my interview?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Of course not!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic