Airport Shuttle / Taxi

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Luigi
Expatriate

Airport Shuttle / Taxi

Post by Luigi »

What's left? Who's operating? Seems they come & go so quick.

No tuk uks need apply. :D
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Airport Shuttle / Taxi

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Which airport?

There is one taxi company which has the PP airport contract, or you can walk out to the road and catch a local taxi for half the price, or can use one of the many taxi apps now available, or you can call one of the many taxi companies and arrange your pick up...

Do you also need someone to hold your hand? :stir: :D
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Or you can walk up the path to the departures section and grab a cab that is dropping someone off. Last time I did that it cost me $4.25 to get home (it was an Exnet taxi), as compared to $10 taking the taxi from Arrivals.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 pm Or you can walk up the path to the departures section and grab a cab that is dropping someone off. Last time I did that it cost me $4.25 to get home (it was an Exnet taxi), as compared to $10 taking the taxi from Arrivals.
thats not a bad idea tbh, i might give that a go next month,
although i will be arriving in the evening so my options might be more limited
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Do you also need someone to hold your hand?"

"thats not a bad idea tbh, i might give that a go next month,
although i will be arriving in the evening so my options might be more limramps his evening plansited."

I suspect Jamie will already have someone holding his hand...unless it cramps his evening plans.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Mea culpa! I meant to include that I want to go to SHV airport. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 pm Or you can walk up the path to the departures section and grab a cab that is dropping someone off. Last time I did that it cost me $4.25 to get home (it was an Exnet taxi), as compared to $10 taking the taxi from Arrivals.
Yes I always do that when flying into Bangkok. So much cheaper.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

taabarang wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:38 pm "Do you also need someone to hold your hand?"

"thats not a bad idea tbh, i might give that a go next month,
although i will be arriving in the evening so my options might be more limramps his evening plansited."

I suspect Jamie will already have someone holding his hand...unless it cramps his evening plans.
haha you could be right! :P

i might have a new number when i get back mate, due to my old sim might have expired by the time i land back in KOW, i still have your number so will give you a text when im back in country mate :thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 pm
i might have a new number when i get back mate, due to my old sim might have expired by the time i land back in KOW, i still have your number so will give you a text when im back in country mate :thumb:
Anyone know how long the various sim cards stay valid when you're out of the country ? I heard that some will remain operational if you (or someone else) bumps them up (uses the number to call) from time to time ? Otherwise, they get scrapped after 1 month, 3 months ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:19 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:14 pm
Anyone know how long the various sim cards stay valid when you're out of the country ? I heard that some will remain operational if you (or someone else) bumps them up (uses the number to call) from time to time ? Otherwise, they get scrapped after 1 month, 3 months ?
i got told 3 months which means i will likely just miss out, shame as i like my number :(
iirc it did used to only be a month before it would be scrapped
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic