British Backpacker KIT MALLINSON Dies In Cambodia After Passing Out On Bus & Receiving Medical Attention Too Late

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: British Backpacker KIT MALLINSON Dies In Cambodia After Passing Out On Bus & Receiving Medical Attention Too Late

Post by phuketrichard »

re read this and wonder why is this being reported 9 months ( he died Dec 14th) after it took place?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: British Backpacker KIT MALLINSON Dies In Cambodia After Passing Out On Bus & Receiving Medical Attention Too Late

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

prahocalypse now wrote:
simon43 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Assuming you have medical insurance, where do YOU keep this? Suggestions where to keep it when (1)driving a car, (2)riding a motorbike or (3)during vigorous sex with a nubile whore decades younger than you.
(1) In the glove box
(2) in your wallet (first person to the scene of an accident is sure to look for your wallet)
(3) under the pile of used condoms (cops are bound to find it there)
I have mine in my wallet as well, but don't forget that in Cambodia the first or second thing to be stolen in case you're unconscious on the road will be your wallet...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

maybe a tattoo
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

But then the insurance company changes your policy number...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I have a card that instructs my body to be left to science, i filled in the forms and noticed they were to be sent to Kings College Hospital in Camberwell south london, the very place i was born!

charlie
jimsocks
Expatriate

Post by jimsocks »

damn, you need insurance just to get treated? i always paid cash.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

You must be rich mate! if you end up in hospital you can,t really bargain with them can you?

charlie
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:22 pm I have a card that instructs my body to be left to science, i filled in the forms and noticed they were to be sent to Kings College Hospital in Camberwell south london, the very place i was born!

charlie
and you think "science" is going to foot the bill to the hospital and sending ur body to the uk
average cost form bangkok ;;; 100,000 baht
vs cremation and send back 40,000

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/upl ... l-2017.pdf

some good info;

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... s-citizen/
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

As i have pointed out i always have medical insurance, i just wanted to point out the coincidence of the hospital where i sent the completed form. Does cambodia use cadavers for training?

charlie
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

This story is unbelievable until you read that it happened in Cambodia. A young guy like that. All those rabbiting on about insurance: you do know a course of anti biotics would have been all he needed unless he had other problems, like heart disease etc. The hospital should have given him a saline and anti biotic drip. He should have been right as rain in around 3 days. Total cost in a health clinic around $30.
He probably got a chest infection and left it instead of doing the sensible thing and googling it or at least asking a long timer here.
Total antibiotic cost around 2 to 3 dollars. I'm guessing the health department is covering up for their hopeless ineptitude at saving an 18 year old's life. Yes, it's their responsibility to make sure the country's health clinics are run by professionaly trained people who passed their exams on merit alone, and that they are equipped to deal with one of the major causes of death out here.
Antibiotics, saline drip and a bed, perhaps also some oxygen.
See crook!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic