British English Teacher

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: British English Teacher

Post by Username Taken »

Haha, No!

But who knows what info Ted was looking for? He wasn't quite clear on that.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

StroppyChops wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:53 pm
Ted2017 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:49 pm Excuse me?

I have posted an advert in the seeking employment section specifying that I'm seeking employment...

Self-explanatory I should think.
Ted, join the Facebook group Phnom Penh Jobs Alert (copy and paste the name as there is a shadow group called Phnom Penh Job Alerts) and ask there.

Declaration of bias - I'm an admin at PPJA.
I know the type.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:26 pm Haha, No!

But who knows what info Ted was looking for? He wasn't quite clear on that.
As a philosophy major he probably thought you were just being a kant.
britscienceteacher
Expatriate
Great Britain

Factory schools with shiny new kids on the conveyer belt

Post by britscienceteacher »

Is that troll tapping into anti-intellectual sentiment (probably worth more than 50 cents, right)?

Just because he went to 'you-knee-me V City' to study 'fill-ya-socks-in-the-offy'. He thought that he'd escaped the school culture but what he didn't imagine is that the net can be accessed from anywhere; it's now part of society anyway with false and misleading image identities, and trolls create site-culture via social proof (many people who 'tag along' are unaware they're being led). With the good ol' "you're gay" playground line and he's unsure how to respond. My own troll magnet was posted in the 'Asinine Arena' where you can check out some more in the group's repertoire such as 'erm no' (classic contextless basic assertion (ten year old troll group disagreement)) and the mom jokes. More sophisticated techniques (although it's all pretty simple - you don't have to be a... remotely intelligent person to do the job) include mock interviewing and debating inane details (when there's no answer - to detract from the point).

Study the trolls.
grabacoffee
Tourist
France

Post by grabacoffee »

Hello!

My bf, 27 years old, need to improve his English. He is French, a beginner and doesn't think he can make a proper English conversation yet.

He would like to do his lessons for 1 hour 1/2 or 2 hours, from 2:30 to 4:30 PM in a café, on 05/11, 06/11, 13/11, 19/11 and 20/11.

We would be glad to be in touch with you !

Have a nice day :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic