Policy statement

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Policy statement

Post by frank lee bent »

anyone who refers to local people as monkeys or the like will get an instant 24 hr ban pending review by the mod team.
in general, as foreigners- we do not really want to disrespect our hosts for no good or explicit reason.
this is not a crackdown on free speech- but it is a crackdown on overt racist statements against our host country who graciously welcomes a pretty motley crew with some of the most lax visa conditions in the world.
i think it is a pity the way we had a few Khmer posters who were basically run off through rudeness and trolling here.
self respect or the lack of comes through pretty strongly on forum posts.
bickering and PM complaints about bitch fights between problematic
posters occupy far too much attention of the mod team

they don't call us longnoses for nothing- NB; BKKTRAPPER

now straighten up and fly right you supposedly grown men who are not yet in your 2nd childhood.
lets make this a place to discuss issues of significance rather than schoolyard cliques and baby san bitch fights
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Policy statement

Post by Pizzalover »

make it a week, a day is way too soft. Plus expose the person by granting a title - racist of the week.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Fair enough in my book. Never understood the people that constantly complain about the locals. If you don't like them you can always fucking leave
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

for real- why stay in a place if you hate it. in my estimations i have more freedoms here than either of my home cuntries.
this brings up another point aside from the policy statement and is just a bit of advice from me.
we are in the lead up to national elections.
long noses should be discrete.
mind your own business.
there is an active cyber intelligence unit here ,
your sim card is a real easy ID if you post from phones.PC is little more work but easy.
some countries just informally assshole critics out of the country, though the current regime is remarkably tolerant.
let's not wear out our welcome here by being dickheads
at least- those who are able
it is a magnet for deros so we better tip the balance or they will run us out
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Who were the latest ones? Agreed, I love how all some idiots do is complain when they're free to leave whenever they want... It's one thing to comment on some small frustrations, but when it becomes overt racism (of the host country no less!) and constant whining, it's annoying.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

Good move!

I really hate it when people living here complain about the locals. We all have had our difficulties in understanding, but at the end of the day WE are the GUESTS. THEY are in their own country, culture, etc., and everything that comes with it. So: accept and live the life you were after. If you cannot (as the Americans would say): "just get the hell outta here!"
kptic
Expatriate
Greece

Post by kptic »

Pizzalover wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 pm make it a week, a day is way too soft. Plus expose the person by granting a title - racist of the week.
Great idea^^. Don't just do it for racists either. Anyone who trolls or detracts from the forum should have their title changed from expatriate or tourist or whatever to asshat, racist, moron etc.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Kid just doesn't know when to shut up.....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

kptic wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:22 am
Pizzalover wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 pm make it a week, a day is way too soft. Plus expose the person by granting a title - racist of the week.
Great idea^^. Don't just do it for racists either. Anyone who trolls or detracts from the forum should have their title changed from expatriate or tourist or whatever to asshat, racist, moron etc.
Great idea^^. Don't just make it a week, or stop at granting racist of the week title or stop at changing the title to asshat, racist, moron etc of anyone deemed to be a troll or "detracting" from the forum - whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean. No, let's do it right. This is the third world, let's get the pitchforks and brands, hunt down anyone off-message and who denies us a safe space and necklace the cunt with burning tyres or break them on the wheel.

As we all know and undoubtedly agree, words on the internet are now the greatest danger to civilsed society and all forces available must be brought to bear to eradicate that cancer whilst we still have time.
Last edited by Brewer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

kptic wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:22 am

I agree a day is too short a ban, but I don't think hanging a pejorative label on an offender is an appropriate action.
You could be next.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic