Anyone know Hans? Lost his memory and his clothes in Phnom Penh..

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Anyone know Hans? Lost his memory and his clothes in Phnom Penh..

Post by John Bingham »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:34 pm i asked my mate who sells coin purses all over 172- undocumented youn guy age 77 - prettyfly guy- him no see this man.
intesting old bloke- lived in minnesota 15 years. on his final visa extenesion s a refugee- he wrote "bye bye miss america pie"
then he fucked off
pretty cool old guy
i buy him as many 50 cent beers as he can hold which id like 3 or maybe 4
he ran from the khmer rouge to the camps in thailand
plenty story
but Hans- he don't see
I know that old guy, he's funny. I reckon he would know if the guy was around the neighborhood or not.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Very sad. The change is remarkable. What is it with some of the foreigners in P Penh these days, not to mention SHV? Didn't use to see people completely destroying themselves like this.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the pace of change has gone ballistic this last 12 months.
capital inflows from china are around 5x anything before.
naturally those are loans.
which will not be repaid and the securities seized
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

I will say that when we were first working in SHV--had to fly in and out as KR was still active on Route 4--it was a lovely, relatively clean and quiet little town. We took rides on our motorcycles to the beach during the day and often, no one would be there except for us. We ate at an open-air restaurant on Sokha Beach, delicious pepper crab, and drank Angkor Beer. Ochateal was very quiet. Our friend Collin, an Australian, had the Eagle's Nest Restaurant and hotel there, and we'd go eat big Aussie breakfasts, much like eating at Mannie's place in P Penh---hearty eggs and sausage and tomato meals. Sihanoukville was a friendly town, a place where the dozen expats who lived there all knew each other. Primarily, ex military alcoholics, aid workers making prosthetics, and volunteer English teachers, along with us---we were the ACE teachers who replaced one female Australian woman who got PG with twins and needed to go home for a bit. Long story there which I typed out, then deleted. Over the years, I've heard more and more negative talk about drugs, suicide, the selling of SHV to the Chinese entrepreneurs. Very sad.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic