Swiss English Teacher at Home of English THOMAS FRISCHKNECHT Dies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Swiss English Teacher at Home of English THOMAS FRISCHKNECHT Dies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

For everyone who wants to pay their respects to Tom:

Sunday at 12:00–14:00

Sundance Inn and Saloon

As I'm sure many of you already know, Tom's funeral will take place this Sunday at 7am at wat stung meanchay where his body will be cremated. Although this is obviously a sad time for all who knew him, we thought that out of respect (and because it is blatantly what he would like us to do in this situation) we would like to invite you all out for a couple of hours to chew the fat, have a beer or four and generally celebrate the life of someone who has been such a presence in Phnom Penh for so many years.

I'll leave this open for others to invite friends or aquaintances of Tom also as unfortunately I can't contact all of those who knew him.

Many thanks guys."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Swiss English Teacher at Home of English THOMAS FRISCHKNECHT Dies in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by cptrelentless »

I'm a fat fucker too, I win the random genetic lottery that is life. Salute, fat people know your limits.
Plastic Paddy
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Plastic Paddy »

I don't often visit forums, so forgive me for the belated post. But I just read that Tom had passed and I am deeply saddened.
Tom was a lovely guy, I hadn't seen him for years since I've moved out of Phnom Penh.
I would often bump into him doing the late night rounds, always in a positive mood and always with a welcoming smile.
I helped him out of a jam one time and he never let me forget it. Ever grateful.

My belated condolences go out to his family.
RIP Tom
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Tom definitely was a big friendly giant, miss that dude
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic