Official changes to work permits

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Official changes to work permits

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Stroppy, it's just a sample, there is s box in the top right where you attach a passport size pic.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The cost at the sangkat for the document (above) is very fluid, depending on how barang you look. Ask your landlord to sort it out.
[/quote]
Barang chgout wrote: Hmmmm, perhaps a sideways approach to the whole thing is best?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Sideways approach.........Like forget the whole thing.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

The cost at the sangkat for the document (above) is very fluid, depending on how barang you look. Ask your landlord to sort it out.
Hmmmm, perhaps a sideways approach to the whole thing is best?
There are a couple of things that require it, like business registration in your own name. Otherwise, yeah, ignore it for as long as you can.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm
There are a couple of things that require it, like business registration in your own name. Otherwise, yeah, ignore it for as long as you can.
My business licence is due for renewal this month, so not long to ignore it.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm
Have you updated your registration to the new online system? You may not need it for an established business. I'd be keen to hear how you get on with a renewal, though - can you post after the event, please?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

AndyKK wrote:The cost at the sangkat for the document (above) is very fluid, depending on how barang you look. Ask your landlord to sort it out.
Barang chgout wrote: Hmmmm, perhaps a sideways approach to the whole thing is best?

Sideways approach.........Like forget the whole thing.[/quote]There a many sideways here. Hypothetically, if a bloke knew someone, not necessarily really high up, who worked for, let's say the army... it might ( in a truly hypothetical world), just , be possible to have arranged next years permit already..... you just never know!

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 pm
AndyKK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:53 pm
Have you updated your registration to the new online system? You may not need it for an established business. I'd be keen to hear how you get on with a renewal, though - can you post after the event, please?
I don't Know about the online system Stoppy. I will post when I do it! I looked again today it is in November, So gives me time for new rent agreement and so on, a little breather.

Sideways approach.........Like forget the whole thing.[/quote]There a many sideways here. Hypothetically, if a bloke knew someone, not necessarily really high up, who worked for, let's say the army... it might ( in a truly hypothetical world), just , be possible to have arranged next years permit already..... you just never know!

[/quote]
Understand but we are not used to this from the countries we came from. But I am learning :hattip:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:32 pm
AndyKK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 pm I understand. It's just one more paper to obtain. It's getting to be a pain dealing with the Khmers in their officers. Most of all they don't know why you are there in the first place. :(
I talked to my landlord, who is also a high rank police officer. I asked him if he could possibly sort out this new document. His reply was to put the business in my lady's name and get myself a retirement visa. He recommended that would save trouble and expense.
I am not one for giving up too easy.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

^ It's not new and it's not difficult to obtain, follow the guide I posted, simple as.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:40 pm ^ It's not new and it's not difficult to obtain, follow the guide I posted, simple as.
Went to the sangkat yesterday, and was told to get photocopy's of documents needed and take them today.
I arrived at the sangkat this morning to find it was closed. Cambodia now never surprises me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic