Official changes to work permits

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Official changes to work permits

Post by John Bingham »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 pm This is typically organised with the participation of your landlord, but may or not be influenced by whether the landlord has paid tax on the property recently. If he hasn't, you may or may not be screwed.
Thanks, that's what I'm concerned about. My landlady and her family are very nice, I've known them about 5 years and have been to quite a few of their celebrations. However if it's not worth their while paying some (maybe backdated) extra tax I could understand if they decided to renegotiate or terminate the agreement.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:57 pm it is a residency certificate issued by your Sangkat where you live.
We had some ministry officials around checking all our passports/visas/ work permits today. We were asked to supply residency certificates earlier in the year to comply with some new (or previously unenforced) directive. This time they said all foreigners will need a residency certificate for our new permits. I'm not sure how easy it is to get one, if anyone knows I'd be interested. I know you can get it from the sangkat but I don't know if I'm registered with them.
This is typically organised with the participation of your landlord, but may or not be influenced by whether the landlord has paid tax on the property recently. If he hasn't, you may or may not be screwed.
Is this the same has a rent agreement? Problem is it is wrote in Khmer, I myself would not be able to read it.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The "Stay Permit" is actually your current, valid visa EOS, not your Certificate of Residency (which you also need to submit with your app).

AndyKK, the certificate of residence is not the same as your rent agreement/lease. I have a sample copy I will try loading when I have time.

This thread explains how to get your residency cert, it is very simple, I've done it for my last 3 apartments each Sangkat charged me a different rate, max I paid was $20

post143300.html?hilit=Police%20clearanc ... te#p143300
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

What happened to tinypic? Couldn't upload from my phone gallery so borrowed this one from a thread on K440
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
What happened to tinypic?
We upgraded to Imgur. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

And here is a image of the PDF I believe the OP was posting:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:13 am Image

What happened to tinypic? Couldn't upload from my phone gallery so borrowed this one from a thread on K440
I (genuinely) don't like to be a nit-picky bastard, but that document needs a photo of your smiling mug on it to be valid - surprised you got one without it.
AndyKK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:01 pm Is this the same has a rent agreement? Problem is it is wrote in Khmer, I myself would not be able to read it.
Not the same, Kiwi's information is better than mine.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I understand. It's just one more paper to obtain. It's getting to be a pain dealing with the Khmers in their officers. Most of all they don't know why you are there in the first place. :(
Always "hope" but never "expect".
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 pm I understand. It's just one more paper to obtain. It's getting to be a pain dealing with the Khmers in their officers. Most of all they don't know why you are there in the first place. :(
The cost at the sangkat for the document (above) is very fluid, depending on how barang you look. Ask your landlord to sort it out.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Hmmmm, perhaps a sideways approach to the whole thing is best?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic