BUSTED: 32yo American woman arrested for drug-trafficking at Phnom Penh airport.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: BUSTED: 32yo American woman arrested for drug-trafficking at Phnom Penh airport.

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

She's big enough to be a dependa (or dependapotomus) though... *look it up*
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: BUSTED: 32yo American woman arrested for drug-trafficking at Phnom Penh airport.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: On August 9, 2018, the Prey Sar prison officers transferred a Nigerian man, FORTUNE EGWUONWU, a Thai woman, TIPPARAT MUEANCHAN, and an American woman, NANCY LELA MEYER , for sentencing at Phnom Penh court. The trio were arrested a year ago and have been detained in jail pending their hearing for an affair of drug trafficking from Brazil to Cambodia.

At the hearing, they confessed that they worked for someone to deliver drugs through Cambodia to Thailand. The Nigerian was questioned by the court, and Thai and American women will be questioned later. The trial will be held on 31 August.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Tipparat Mueanchan was the fall guy for a scam running on asiaafructosecoltd.com (AS Fructose Co. Ltd). It seems she has been involved in Nigerian business dealings since at least 2016.
I made an order to this company almost two months ago but haven't received my products nor a refund. I made the payments as they suggested but endendup taking my money $490 for 5 kgs of madagascar bourbon vanilla. on top of that, they use another scamming company ''EMS shipping'' to estortmoney from clients claiming it is payments for FDA.

I wrote back and forth asking for my refund, but I was taken through circles and haven't heard from them since. I don't understand how one can just steal a person's hard earned money. I hope no one else falls victim of this outrageous excuse of a company. Below are details of the company director thatI was in contact with; Ps she's so rude too.

No.99/9, Moo 2, Nongtako-Khaopookong Road,
> Tambon Rangsali, Amphoe Tha-Muang,
> Changwat Kanchanaburi, Thailand.
> Director: Mrs.Tipparat Mueanchan
> Secretary: Mrs.Marisa Thongjok
> Commercial Manager: Mr Steven Sutanto
> Landline: +66959035438 / +66641631195
> Fax: 0066-33090233
> ISO Certificate of Registration NO: 26931/A/0001/UK/En
> GMP Certificate NO: 8-4-15-71-11-00236
> HACCP Certificate NO: 50005-321
> Webpage: http://www.asiaafructosecoltd.com
> Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Innocent, Your Honor !

Three deny cocaine trafficking
September 7, 2018
Three foreigners went on trial yesterday at Phnom Penh Municipal Court for allegedly bringing more than a kilo of cocaine from Brazil to Cambodia.
Fortune Egwuonwu, 33, from Nigeria, Nancy Lela Meyer, 32, from the United States, and Tippapat Mueanchan, 30, from Thailand, were accused of trafficking the drug which was found at Phnom Penh International Airport.

Presiding Judge Ros Piseth said all face up to a life sentence if convicted.

Mr Piseth said Ms Meyer were arrested on August 31 last year after she flew from Brazil, via Dubai and Hong Kong, to Phnom Penh.

“She was arrested after custom officers inspected her luggage and found drugs hidden under the bottom of the luggage,” the judge said. “After her arrest, police seized a total of 1,237.5 grams of cocaine from her.”

Based on Ms Meyer’s answers, police arrested Mr Egwuonwu and Ms Tippapat the next day when they came to a hotel room to meet Ms Meyer, he added.
Judge Piseth said they came to the hotel to pick up the drugs which were to be sent to Thailand.

In court yesterday, the trio denied the allegations and asked for the charge to be dropped.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50531413/t ... afficking/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic